hosting

Bridget16
Level 3
Sedona, AZ

hosting

i can't even complain about airbnb , as the post i just wrote got cancelled WTF!!!!!!

4 Replies 4
Bridget16
Level 3
Sedona, AZ

how fair is that airbnb can just refund the total amount for booking cancelled by the fear of coronavirus.   WTF!!!!   do i not even get to have a voice in that decision.  are hosts that unimportant to airbnb?   refunding 50% for a so called act of god is one thing , but to penalize my income that i depend on to raise my children and provide them with a home is patently unfair and WRONG!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

hi @Bridget16 

I am sure you understand these are unprecedented times. As Airbnb hosts we sign up to agreeing to their extenuating circumstances policy when we host with them.

Both hosts and guests can cancel under this policy dues to the Corona virus in some circumstances  (see their policy).

Sadly as hosts we are vulnerable to losing income because of last minute cancellations under this policy.

Have you checked your home insurance for STRs to see if you are covered for loss of income? @Bridget16 

It's always worth using a variety of listing companies for your STR business so you aren't reliant on one source of income, if STRs are what you use to support you and your children.

hoping for better times soon.

Bridget16
Level 3
Sedona, AZ

They may be unprecedented but making hosts only pay the consequences is just completely wrong.  its wrong it should be 50/50 I am so angry about the total irresponsibility of airbnb in taking into account single mothers like myself that depend on the income form the rentals.  It just boggles the mind that hosts are just dismissed like this.   its outrageous.  don't try and blame it on coronovarus. its a shared endeavor between hosts and visitors and should be ashamed consequences.   Boolocks to airbnb .  just shameful behavior.  

Bridget16
Level 3
Sedona, AZ

Shared consequences ( typo)