how can I get airbnb to accept a cancellation despite me having a strict cancellation policy?

Sarah51
Level 2
Saint-Martin-le-Beau, France

how can I get airbnb to accept a cancellation despite me having a strict cancellation policy?

For those who don't know, France has gone back into lockdown. I am keen to have my 2-night booking cancelled ASAP so that I can welcome those looking to spend the whole month at our place during lockdown. The guest wants to cancel and I want the guest to cancel but he is afraid to lose his refund as my cancellation policy was strict at the time of his booking. I am happy to give him a full refund. What should we do? How do we go about it?

Many thanks for your help

Sarah

7 Replies 7
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Sarah51 🙂

You can reach Airbnb CS via the reservation - you will find a help/contact link. They will be able to cancel the stay and refund the guest. 

Sarah51
Level 2

Thank you @Sandra856 and @Helen3 but the help link just takes me into the help center to read the posts! I am missing something here? Thank you so much.

@Sarah51 When you are on the reservation page and press on the help link you will come to a help page - if you then scroll down there is a "contact us" green link.

This is in the app. It could look a bit different on the webpage. But look for the contact us link. 

@Sarah51 Personally I prefer to write to Airbnb, but if you would like to call - then this is number : 

France+33 1 84 88 40 00
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I agree all you need to do is call Airbnb and provide them with confirmation that France are not letting those from outside France to travel and they will do a penalty free cancellation @Sarah51 

Sarah51
Level 2

Hi @Helen3

I cannot find a CS link anywhere on the website! Any tips?

Thank you so much

Are you confusing the Airbnb website with this forum? Go to the Help pages on the Airbnb website in your hosting account. Do what Sandra told you, above. 

And on this Help forum (not the Airbnb main site) where you just wrote this post, there is a large pinned post about a third of the way down the first page, "Contact Airbnb" which has phone numbers ad all the ways to contact CS.

@Sarah51