how do I turn on 20% discount for first 3 reservations?

Answered!
Federica221
Level 2
Salerno, Italy

how do I turn on 20% discount for first 3 reservations?

Hi everyone,

I was asked by Airbnb whether I wanted to offer a 20% discount for my first 3 reservations, as my listing in new and I have no reviews. I aggred and clicked on yes, and this discount did indeed appear on my listing when trying to book it. So far I had no reservation, but the discount went off and is no longer offered. How can I set it on again?

Thanks everyone in advance!

1 Best Answer
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Federica221   Sorry about the delay Federica, it is not unusual for there to be a certain amount of chaos around here, what with Ade my wife no longer having the use of her legs.

I have not meant to ignore you but I have had a cottage to get ready for todays arrival and I had to take Ade to hospital for her regular antibiotic injection. Please forgive me!

As I said I would suggest you set a special price for a month or two and after you have had enough guests to get you under way you can remove that offer. It won't outwardly show as a special offer (your regular listing amount will stay as your displayed amount) but what will happen when a prospective guests clicks dates in the offer range a box will appear saying that the price for these dates is subject to a special price for a duration of the set period and that offer will show as the price they will pay when they enter dates to book.......Are  you up with that Federica? 

1/. Now to acheive this Log On and click on 'Host'

2/. From the drop down menu click on 'Calendar'

You will now be on your calendar editing page.

3/. If you click on a specific date, a box will appear on the right of your screen with pricing and availability options for various dates.

To try and help here I have taken a screenshot of my calendar page and condensed it significantly so you can follow the steps.....

Special pricing offer Federica.png

So, step 1 set your date range.

Step 2 leave your base rate unchanged, because you need to be able to reflect that some dates are cheaper than your  regular pricing.

Step 3, set your nightly discount offer for the dates you nominated in step 1 and remember to click 'Save Changes' before you leave.

Now when you have decided that you gave away enough cheap nights, here is what you do...

1. Go to "Calendar"
2. Find the crossed out dates with a grey line
3. Hover your mouse over the grey line and a popup window will appear.
4. Click on the "Remove this offer"

And Bingo, you will be back to your general base rate again.

I hope you can follow this Federica and if you need any more help, you know where to find me.

Sorry I misspelt your name in the first post...got it right this time though!

Cheers.....Rob

View Best Answer in original post

10 Replies 10
Sora0
Level 7
Singapore

As long as the first guests who book it with you will entitled the discount.

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Federica221,

Ciao Fredrica, La speciale offerta di Airbnb verrà mostrata sul tuo calendario solo fino a una certa data e poi scaduta, finirà! Quello che ti suggerisco di fare Fredrica è di fare un'offerta speciale sul tuo calendario per i prossimi due mesi per ogni giorno. Quando hai ricevuto alcune prenotazioni puoi rimuovere l'offerta speciale.

Mi chiamo Rob, sono un superhost Airbnb di Australia e faccio parte del team di esperti in cui vengo pagato da Airbnb per rispondere alle domande degli utenti ogni giorno. Posso aiutarti ad attivare questa offerta se ti va di farlo.

Saluti .... Rob

Hello Fredrica, the special Airbnb offer will only be shown on your calendar until a certain date and then expire, it will end! What I suggest you do Fredrica is to make a special offer on your calendar for the next two months for every day. When you have received some reservations you can remove the special offer.

My name is Rob, I'm an Airbnb superhost from Australia and part of the expert team where I get paid by Airbnb to answer user questions every day. I can help you activate this offer if you'd like to do it.

Cheers...... Rob

@Robin4,

thank you!! (I'll keep it in English so everyone can understand..). Can you show me how to do so?

Federica

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Federica221   Sorry about the delay Federica, it is not unusual for there to be a certain amount of chaos around here, what with Ade my wife no longer having the use of her legs.

I have not meant to ignore you but I have had a cottage to get ready for todays arrival and I had to take Ade to hospital for her regular antibiotic injection. Please forgive me!

As I said I would suggest you set a special price for a month or two and after you have had enough guests to get you under way you can remove that offer. It won't outwardly show as a special offer (your regular listing amount will stay as your displayed amount) but what will happen when a prospective guests clicks dates in the offer range a box will appear saying that the price for these dates is subject to a special price for a duration of the set period and that offer will show as the price they will pay when they enter dates to book.......Are  you up with that Federica? 

1/. Now to acheive this Log On and click on 'Host'

2/. From the drop down menu click on 'Calendar'

You will now be on your calendar editing page.

3/. If you click on a specific date, a box will appear on the right of your screen with pricing and availability options for various dates.

To try and help here I have taken a screenshot of my calendar page and condensed it significantly so you can follow the steps.....

Special pricing offer Federica.png

So, step 1 set your date range.

Step 2 leave your base rate unchanged, because you need to be able to reflect that some dates are cheaper than your  regular pricing.

Step 3, set your nightly discount offer for the dates you nominated in step 1 and remember to click 'Save Changes' before you leave.

Now when you have decided that you gave away enough cheap nights, here is what you do...

1. Go to "Calendar"
2. Find the crossed out dates with a grey line
3. Hover your mouse over the grey line and a popup window will appear.
4. Click on the "Remove this offer"

And Bingo, you will be back to your general base rate again.

I hope you can follow this Federica and if you need any more help, you know where to find me.

Sorry I misspelt your name in the first post...got it right this time though!

Cheers.....Rob

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Amazing overview @Robin4, thanks so much for sharing this. I am sure this will help a lot of hosts. 

Hello @Federica221, did you managed to add your discount on again?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Chalisa0
Level 1
Bangkok, Thailand

If i go to edit from my calandar, adjust nightly price. And will it appear to guest that my place has 20% discount for the first three guests? Can i do it on moblie or i need to do from the computer only. Thanks in advance.

Pauline327
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have tried every thing to turn off the 20% promotional discount for my 1st 3 guests but it does not seem to work. I would like to lower my prices but dont want them to have the addditional promotional offer as well - an any one help please

Hi Pauline,

I just went through this today as well.  A representative from Airbnb on the phone was able to remove this special offer.  There was no way for me to do it myself.

Marcus236
Level 1
Eton, Vanuatu

Hey Rob... as this seems to be part of your gig... can you tell me  how to actually set up a promotion please.

I followed the steps outlined in your post, but my screen doesn't offer the option of adding another ratee and keeping the base rate... your sage advice would be much appreciated... thx Marcus

how do i remover the 20% off on the first 3 bookings as i thought it was just for the first month

jen