how do i change the language in which I receive e-mails from Airbnb?

Monica25
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

how do i change the language in which I receive e-mails from Airbnb?

I used to receive e-mails from Airbnb in English. However, nowadays the e-mails I recieve from Airbnb are in French. Does anybody know how I could change this so I can receive them in English again?

51 Replies 51
Alison548
Level 1
Cinderford, United Kingdom

This is happening to me too x

Eugene113
Level 1
California, United States

I get many inquiries in Spanish and I respond in Spanish. Now all my responses are automatically translated to English - can''t figure out how to respond in Spanish to my Spanish speaking guests.  Help please. Thanks. 

Teresa885
Level 1
Jakarta, Indonesia

PLEASE HELP! does anyone know how to change the language on the receipt?? everything is in English, but not with the receipt. I understand Deutsch but I don't think the embassy of Japan does.. 

Francis1703
Level 1
Whitby, CA

we booked airbnb for most destinations. For some reasons, the one from Australia is translated to spanish regardless where we stay - how do we fix that?

Claudia2467
Level 3
Nayarit, Mexico

I have a similar problem. The language of my account's global setting keeps changing back to German every time I change it to English and the mails keep being sent in German (which my house manager doesn't understand).

Also is there a possibility to change the default language of my listing? I don't want to create a new listing (with uncertain default language) since I already have bookings.

Zhen4
Level 2
Mountain View, CA

The problem can be resolved by 2 steps.

1. change your global setting language

2. uninstall and install the app

Terri403
Level 1
Marietta, GA

I just called their support. Under your Account settings is an option for Global Preferences - that is where you change your preferred language.