how do i change the language in which I receive e-mails from Airbnb?

Monica25
Level 1
Playa del Carmen, Mexico

how do i change the language in which I receive e-mails from Airbnb?

I used to receive e-mails from Airbnb in English. However, nowadays the e-mails I recieve from Airbnb are in French. Does anybody know how I could change this so I can receive them in English again?

51 Replies 51

Use the web version. The app is utter **bleep**e.
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Georges20,

I know you mentioned you were a little unhappy with the performance of the Airbnb App. I am not sure if you have seen, but there have just been some updates to the app. Here are also some features that will be gradually rolled out. Hopefully you will find this works better for you! 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

This language problem persists. The minute I entered my credit card number all communication went to Russian. I am done with Airbnb.

Celine35
Level 1
Bundoran, Ireland

I went into Profile and my preferred email language had changed to German, I just changed it back to English? Hope it's the same for everyone else?

Same problem, but everytime I change the language in the global settings to English it keeps changing back to German after a while.

Could airbnb please fix this bug after 4 years now?

August7
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I'm having exact same problem. If enough people post on here will Airbnb pay attention and fix the bug?

Sunita5
Level 1
Beirut, Lebanon

Having the exact same problem with getting emails in Chinese instead of English. SUPER frustrating. 

Johan15
Level 1
Lund, Sweden

I mannaged like this:

Go to Edit profile. Scroll down to section Optional: Languages. Click on '+Add more', and choose English.

Good luck!  

Same problem here - but not just emails. The entire site once I log in is in chinese! 😕

Thanks, this worked for me.  I hope it sticks...

'Edit profile. Scroll down to section Optional: Languages. Click on '+Add more', and choose English.'

Jordan

Naomi43
Level 1
Portland, OR

Same thing is happening to me.  I had one koreon guest, now all my emails come in koreon.  I've changed the language, got me mail box to translate the emails but it's still a pain.  Anyone have a remedy for this issue?

Gwen14
Level 1
Halifax, Canada

Robin - I had the same question and googled the question and came up with your answer.  I want to thank you so much for the simple solution.   When I went to my profile it was checked to send me messages in Italian.  Thanks to your advice - now I'm good!

I got my first request today and was rather in a bit of a panic.!

Angela276
Level 1
Pembroke Pines, FL

So I am a newbie to airbnb and unsure if all the info and payment I made will ensure me the place I rented especially getting my emails with a ????? in the subject line and in russian.  My profile has it as English but still get replies in Russian.  Any thoughts?  Can I trust that I made a payment for a rental and it will be legit??

Janette8
Level 1
Liverpool, United Kingdom

I'm having exactly the same problem - my emails have started coming to me in Italian but my language preference in my profile is English. Messages via my phone are all fine and still in English.

Same problem, messages from Airbnb in Russian? of all the languages I have listed they chose Russian, maybe because I live in Finland and my name sounds Russian.......... come on Airbnb you can do better! I want mails in English!!!!

And I am tired of changing the language from RUS to ENG and the currency from RUB to EUR !

Brgds, Andrey