how do i change the time on my account , all my messages are hours behind

Dawn4
Level 1
Wandin East, Australia

how do i change the time on my account , all my messages are hours behind

The time is incorrect on my settings but i can not find how to change it. All my messages have the incorrect times so if i give someone 24hr to book it gets tricky trying to work back what the actual time is etc. Airbnb are very difficult to contact as there is not option available for changing the world clock .

Can someone please help me ?

Cheers

Dawn Canale

3 Replies 3
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Dawn4, you say your time setting is incorrect, how so?  I can see how time zones can make the 24 hour clock for responses/ pre-approvals tricky.  I correspond with a fellow host in Australia (I'm in California, US) and I'm constantly asking google to tell me what time it is there 'cause I can't figure it out, or don't want to 🙂

The important thing to do is to watch the 24 hour clock on the guest's inquiry / request and to respond within that time regardess of what time it is for you and the guest.  You may respond when a  guest is asleep, or you may get one when your are asleep therefore delaying things.  I don't know what you can do about that.  

But I'm still intrigued by your time setting not being correct.  Please give details!

Dawn4
Level 1
Wandin East, Australia

Hi Clare,

Thank you for your reply, my times are all correct now . This is all still new to me and i must have misread it.

I replied twice back to a few inquiries on different days and the first time still appeared on the second message instead of acknowledgeing it was 2 seperate messages and times so it looked like the times were all wrong.

The second message actually just appeared at the bottom of the first message. Maybe i'm just comparing it to text messages on my phone.

Thank you again for sharing

Have a wonderful day

Kind regards

Dawn 🙂

Whew! Glad to hear all is good! Have fun hosting and I hope 2016 is a very prosperous year!