how to copy a guidebook to a new listing in same building

Paul47
Level 1
East Knoyle, United Kingdom

how to copy a guidebook to a new listing in same building

Hello community,  I am listing a second room in my place and wondered if it was possible to copy the guidebook over from the current room to the new room.  Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

26 Replies 26
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Paul47  Several hosts have asked this question and I'd love to know the answer.  I've sent a tweet to Airbnb to see if there is an answer. Stay tuned! 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Paul47 Got an unusually fast response to this question.  Not the answer you wanted to hear, but here it is straight from the horse's mouth:Guidebook response.JPG

Paul47
Level 1
East Knoyle, United Kingdom

Great shame as the rest of the website seems reasonably user friendly.  A lot of work for people ot relist all the time.  Well that's the weekend sorted out!

Claire - thanks for checking and following up.  Paul.

Bummer... my solution was to copy the url of the orginal guidbook and put that link in the description of my other listings - not ideal, but seems to work.

That actually doesn't work. I tried the same thing. Most links contain numbers at the end. Airbnb will flag this and think you're sharing your phone number in a message, and block the content from the guest/message recipient. This will adjust the URL and will just lead to a broken link message. Kind of a frustrating guest experience. You may want to just recreate the guidebook for the new listing, no matter how annoying it is. 

The app has a lot of work to do yet to make totally user friendly.  I've found several items that I wish they would include...

Shane28
Level 1
Ypsilanti, MI

This is why it's probably best to make your own guidebook / recommendations and just print them out for people

This is what I'm going to do. I put a lot of time and effort into creating a guide for my first listing. There is no way I have the time to do it again!

It *is* his own guidebook.  He's listing mulitiple rooms in the same house, and just wants to copy the original guidebook to the new room listing.

I would love to be able to do this as well..

Hospitality-Expert0
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Trying to do three Guidebooks for three townhouses in the same complex...

Kenneth12
Level 10
Chicago, IL

It's really ridiculous that Airbnb hasn't implemented this by now.   It should be easy. 

I just spoke with a rep and they will take it into consideration but don't have definitive plans. We have 17 homes. This is rediculous!

Kelsey

Premier Mountain Rentals

Justin209
Level 2
Winter Park, FL

Holy cow, that is a pain. In the beginning I created a public map using Google Maps. It has local places categorized and highlighted. I provide the shortened URL in the guidebook and with the welcome note that I send to guests. I think the Abnb guidebook is a cleaner solution but I'm not going to create that guidebook multiple times. Definitely a feature that Abnb should implement.

I wonder if this would work: have your guide book on a listing that isn’t active and is otherwise blank. Then copy the listing, which I know is possible, and add the other details of the new listing. This would only work on listings you haven’t started adding details to (if it works at all).