how to snooze a listing

Judith98
Level 2
Hereford, United Kingdom

how to snooze a listing

I am not able to offer my property which is on airbnb for the time being due to serious illness of a family member and so, rather than simply block of dates I would like to 'snooze' the listing and then re-activate it when my situation changes.  But on the help section, all I can find is this:  But when I go to my listing, there is nothing that says 'manage listing' and if I click edit listing there is no snooze facility there that I can see.  Please can you tell me where to find it.  Thanks.

1. Go to Your listings on airbnb.com and select a listing
  2. Click Manage listing
  3. Next to Listing status, click Edit
  4. Under Listing status, select Snoozed from the dropdown menu
  5. Enter the start and end dates, then click Save.

But when I go to my listing, there is nothing that says 'manage listing' and if I click edit listing there is no snooze facility there that I can see. Please can you tell me where to find it. Thanks.

7 Replies 7
Judith98
Level 2
Hereford, United Kingdom

sorry by the way for the muddled post, repeating myself!  

I have the same problem

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Go to Listing and click Availability.

Under Booking Window you will find options to block dates in future.

See if it lets you block all dates into future.

I will  look for how to snooze, meanwhile you won't get any requests.

If it won't let you block all dates in future, block as much as you can at this window,

then go in  to the calendar and block the next six months so there is overlap between the calendar blocking and the future date blocking. 

Keep in mind that you will have to update the calendar blocking as time goes by.  Also, sometimes the calendar unblocks itself, so you will still have to respond if someone messages you or your response rate will be affected.  (Snooze will mean you don't have to respond because you won't get any requests.)

Take off instant book if you have it!

Keep looking for Snooze.  When you want to UnSnooze, go back to Availability and take off all the blocking.

Hope that helps.

Many thanks to you, City Limits Ranch!  Yes I have blocked off what I can, and I did go and try to opt out of Instant Book but before I clicked 'save' I noticed it said if you opt out of instant book and don't reply to an enquiry within 24 hours you will be penalised!  So I left it there and will have to try to remember to keep blocking dates as needed. 

I just can't find a snooze facility at all; perhaps airbnb don't have it anymore but haven't updated their help pages which may be why I got the above instructions which don't work, at least not for me!  

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

Found it.  Go to Edit Listing.

Click on Listing Details.

Scroll way down to the bottom of the page.

Click on the Edit button for Listing Status.

Open the drop down menu.

Choose Snooze listing.

Click on Save.

Be careful not to Permanently Deactivate since that choice is visible before you open the menu that lets you Snooze.

City Limits, you are a genius - I actually went there and missed it!  Have done it now.  Thank you so much.  

Adrienne1
Level 3
Queenstown, New Zealand

thanks so much!  I also wanted to delist one of our listings, and didn't spot how to - sorted now thanks to your advice.

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/8496045