how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100

I do not know how to take picture of photo I'd to send to host.

how can I enter this?

Cat33
Level 1
Rochester, NY

I have the same frustrating problem. I've used Airbnb many times and now trying to upload a copy of my driver's license front and back is nearly impossible! They say to scan it a scan or is it a picture? It says it's unreadable or doesn't take it. Is there any way to get around this or contact Airbnb about it. Any help would be really appreciated

cat

Hey there - these seem to not work on a few browsers, especially Safari. This was my last comment:

"Update: it ended up working for me by using Firefox and clearing cache to be safe. I was able to see the ID upload portal on the Verify page: https://www.airbnb.com/verify#step/jumio"

I’ve been trying your option too ... same thing

Sue303
Level 1
Bluewater, Canada

I also wasted 2 hours last night trying to upload ID photos in order to make a booking.  Is there an answer to this problem? 

Hey there - these seem to not work on a few browsers, especially Safari. This was my last comment:

"Update: it ended up working for me by using Firefox and clearing cache to be safe. I was able to see the ID upload portal on the Verify page: https://www.airbnb.com/verify#step/jumio"

Tom292
Level 1
Rochester, United Kingdom

Solved: Where there is a dotted line and an image of your ID/Drivers license you might think you are supposed to drag your jpg file to it but this does not work. Just click on it and it opens a window for you to choose the file to upload. THank you AirBnB for being no help at all on this and just telling me to use google chrome instead even though that doesn't work.

got same problem. how can i match an ID photo took five years with a current one? i tried **bleep**ing everyway to make it clear and match with the five years older face, it didn't work. read from the help center they said well, this doesn't mean the matched photos could help anyone to verify identity of anyone, so i think airbnb has an agenda here, they just put more obstacles to get as much as mobile apps downloads as possible. such an evil if your app is practical people will download, promote yourself with quality not a dirty trick. make me really sick

Eileen98
Level 1
Blacksburg, VA

1 hour, a number of tries with Chrome on my laptop, keeps saying Id needs to be done again.  Have always valued the airbnb experience but this has no work around and I really want to book something tonight.

Adesanmi0
Level 1
Lagos, Nigeria

Hi, I know my Input is coming late though but this may be the lasting solution to this thread. 

You can do this with your smartphone with a good camera, 5mp isn't bad. 

Go to either play store or Apple Store to download and install camscanner.

Launch the app and place your rear camera on the document you wants to scan. 

Scan it and convert it to pdf. This can he forwarded via email or upload it to an online portal. Is the fastest way I have ever used. 

Check the complete tutorial below. 

http://www.gadgetswright.com/scan-a-document-with-phone-camera-without-scanner

Jamshid0
Level 1
Denver, CO

Go to the App. Click on your name on top or your Photo.Then on top right click Edit. Then scroll down to find Govenrment ID. Then press " Provide" and it will allow you to take a photo of your DL or ID.  Easy.  🙂 

Thank's , I'll give that a try tonight! I only have a few hours before losing my booking!

Arnaud101
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Same thing here.

I uploaded a perfect picture of my passport and also my drivers's licence.

I keep getting the message:

Add a clearer photo of your ID
It’s difficult to see your ID clearly in the photo you added. To help us make sure it’s you, we’ll need a clear photo of your ID. Then we can match this photo with the photo you took of yourself.
It is really annoying!
I have spent hours talking to the "help" desk. They totally do not care. I asked to talk to a supervisor. All refused.
This is really, really bad service.
Just booked an old fashioned hotel. This was done in less than a minute. No uploads of ID cards, nothing.
God, do I just love hotels!!

refuses to accept bar code on bck of MO ID.

Louise245
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Is anyone still having problems uplaoding ID to their profile?  I spend over 3 hours trying to sort this out yesterday, one of which was on th line to an Air bnb support guy and even he couldn't get the system to work. 

The scanner is a complete joke, it simply doesn't work and when I try to upload a photo / ID from my PC  it generates a message saying the photo isn't clear.  

This is beyond frustrating and  complete joke. 

Anyone got any solutions because Air bnb don't appear to have any and it's their software!!