how to upload a photo of ID to verify

Lisa37
Level 3
Pelican Lagoon, Australia

how to upload a photo of ID to verify

I need to verify my photo government ID to book with another host.
I can't work out how to do it.
I do not have a camera on my PC, and if I take a photo of my passport, where is the fuction to upload the photo file?

I am a host, who has taken many bookings in the last year.  This is my first experience with making a booking and it is very frustating.
Surely it should not b e this hard to verify!

100 Replies 100
Divya20
Level 3
Gurugram, India

Please follow these steps:

- Ensure when you take a picture, It should be kept on an even surface and under a well lit room.

- Try clicking a picture with a better camera & click a picture keeping the camera as close as possible

- Ensure all the edges of the picture are cropped but the entire Photo ID should be visible.

- The picture should be as similar as to what can be seen with naked eyes.

Laura3027
Level 1
Pittman Center, TN

Unbelievable. This is an old thread. It is now June 2019 and I am having the same issues.  That a company this size hasn't fixed a glitch like this is beyond pathetic!!!!!

Roger393
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

Tried to upload  pic of my passport today but it keeps rejecting it saying 'Too big , must be under 5 MB.' I've tried Airbnb customer support online chat but they didn't seem to know what to do.(useless) This pic 's never been rejected anywhere else so what on earth  is the problem and how can I solve it ? I have no idea how to make my picture 'less than 5 MB.'

Tina712
Level 1
Hampton, NH

I figured out why I couldn't take a photo of government ID for Airbnb using Samsung S9. The font size set on my phone was too large so the take photo button wasn't visible. I made the font smaller in my phone settings and the take photo button was on my screen. Took photo successfully! 

Donald28
Level 10
Lithia Springs, GA

i get inquiries like this often of people who want to stay at my place but can't get through the verification process. I tell them to call airbnb. 

Why does airbnb make the process so hard?!

They ask silly questions like ...are you travelling through work? what is your work email? Are you responsible for all the employees travel at your work etc etc etc. The dumbest questions ever!

Amanda1134
Level 1
Warrington, United Kingdom

Hi guys. I booked my accommodation after several attempts. 

I solved it by going into my settings on my phone and then permissions to allow airbnb access to my camera!

Hope this helps. 

Gave up after an hour and a half. Tried all the suggestions. Booked another house on VRBO. Took 2 minutes.

I simply will forget Trying to use Airbnb due to the frustration and eventually giving up trying to book an accommodation 

Sandra3655
Level 1
High Wycombe, GB

made booking then air bnb  cancelled it. with no warning ! air bnb what's happening you have one photo . not happy using passport photo as run out anyway and don't trust info going astray , so what happens after years of using you and hundreds of bookings I go somewhere else ...really?

Orville3
Level 1
Regina, Canada

This app is a joke for scanning ID bs I give up

Maryam106
Level 2
Fairfax, VA

Let's say I take the picture of my driver's license, where do I upload to?  Why is this a requirement?