html code for reviews stopped working

Sabine155
Level 2
Oeschgen, Switzerland

html code for reviews stopped working

I embedded the html code for reviews on my website. It always worked properly. Since a few days, it's not working any more. The area on the website where it should be displayed, stays blank. I copied the code again and placed it on my website. It won't work. Does any one have the same problem? Thank you for any help.

Sabine

6 Replies 6
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I just tried it, @Sabine155, to see if I could help, and no luck. Same problem you are having - I paste the code and it publishes as blank space. 

The Airbnb website has been especially bananas these last few days. I hope this means it is under construction and will emerge streamlined, user-friendly and functioning...

You could try tweeting a direct message about it to AirbnbHelp, if you want. I predict they will tell you, "The developers are working hard to get this fixed." I know they have been telling me that since August about another known glitch. 

I'm going to take a look at the code tomorrow to see if I can fix it myself. I will definitely update here if I figure it out.

Thank you, Lawrene! I know now that the mistake was not caused by me doing something wrong. Do you also work with wordpress? They released an update a few days ago. Could the error be related to the update? Otherwise I also assume that there is an error in the html code. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hi @Sabine155 ,

I looked at the debugger (it's a tool in Firefox), the Airbnb html (applied for the badges) produces some serious errors in the included scripting, so i think it's up to Airbnb to fix things and problem is not related to Wordpress.

Best, regards

Sabine155
Level 2
Oeschgen, Switzerland

Thank you for your tests. I hope Airbnb will fix the bug soon.

Best regards,

Sabine

As @Emiel1 says, @Sabine155, it is indeed an error in the code, and I did look at it for awhile today then gave up. All of the "badges" are broken. And no, not Wordpress. I was using Weebly.

...And I'm using WIX and have the same problem. Wix said they can't help me with Airbnb's code, so I tweeted, called the Superhost hotline, and corresponded with Support just to hear that there's nothing wrong with the badges...which there obviously is if we're all in here. They said they'd follow up but haven't, and are not responding to my emails anymore. I have 4 websites that used my properties html codes, and now they're all broken. Arghh!!!