i never got enquiry

Alet3
Level 1
Umhlanga, South Africa

i never got enquiry

hi there,

big problem here at new home to let in Mount Edgecombe,

i just received a message now from a guy "Russel" he has booked and already paid for 4 people at my house to let, but he only booked 2 rooms, i never even received an enquiry from him, how and who confirms this rental, me or some computer, im worried now, there is no customer service in south africa to call and help, i dont know what to do. please help.

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Alet3

If you didn't have instant booking turned on, the guy could not book without sending a booking request first. Check your reservations, if he's not listed he does not have a booking.

@Alet3 your listing is not set up correctly, If one person books your place they get all 4 bedrooms, You have to make a listing for each bedroom if you wish to rent them out seperately.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Your listing is incorrectly set up, @Alet3.  I suggest you "snooze" is as soon as possible while you make the appropriate changes.  You must make a separate listing per room and also one listing for the whole house.  Right now your listing allows the guest to rent as many rooms as they want for the single room charge.

To Snooze, go to your listing and select the Listing and change to Snooze.

You have Instant Booking which allows guests to book without contacting you.  If you do not want to host the guests that have booked, contact Air BNB to have them cancelled and relocated.  DO NOT cancel them yourself.

Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB which includes phone numbers.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

Good luck and take a little more time to understand this platform and this business.  The Help Center has great articles and this host forum also has great tutorials that can help.  I think there is a tutorial about multiple listings in a single home.  You will also need to sync the calendars of the individual listings.

Take care, Linda

Alet3
Level 1
Umhlanga, South Africa

thank you all, ive now realised my fault. will fix