iCal doesn't show the guest's name anymore ...

Andrea39
Level 10
Rome, Italy

iCal doesn't show the guest's name anymore ...

... and this makes more complicated our hosts' job expecially for who handles more than 1 unit.

Is there a reason why this weird decision has been made?

Thank you in advance for your comments.

5 Replies 5

Yes, this is a problem for us too. Airbnb allows for sync'ing of the calendar but without the guest information, it really diminishes the use and also makes our job harder.

Not sure if we need to contact support by phone, but I would like to know how do we find out why this change was made and if there is a way to have the information added back.

This change is RIDICULOUS!  I travel a lot for work and this is on a calendar with other events. Now, instead of Airbnb it just says “Reserved.”  Not even Airbnb Reserved! Just one generic useless word.

At what point did Airbnb consider host needs? I knew they would take off some info but good grief , I don’t keep this on a separate Airbnb dedicated calendar.

Now I have to manually create a shared listing with all the guest details for my cohost to see at a glance without logging in.

I’m going to start telling my repeat guests to book directly with me if I’m stuck doing all this extra work. Good grief!!!!!

Deborah30
Level 2
Woodbury, NJ

This is a huge problem.   We depend of the platform to make life easier for the hosts, not more difficult.

Please bring back some of the details to the ical export so we can manager our properties..

Daniel6901
Level 1
San José, CR

Hi guys, how did you solve this issue? I had this ical synced with a google calendar, but with the change, now it does not show the guest info, this does not allow the security guys to make an easy check in for the guests.

Andrea39
Level 10
Rome, Italy

Unfortunately this issue hasn't be solved ... and no news from AIRBNB ...