iCal exported calendar bug

Christine193
Level 1
La Glacerie, France

iCal exported calendar bug

Please check the url you entered. If the problem persists, please contact the calendar provider for assistance.  

This is the message I get when trying to export my calendar using the link provided by Airbnb.  This is for Home Away.  I can't export Airbnb to Home Away

17 Replies 17
Dave111
Level 1
Vienna, VA

I am having the same problem. How can I fix this?

Terri-and-Hal0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I sent a bug report into airbnb, showing a validation report for the iCal output that they produce. It seems to be incorrect. If you're curious, just copy the exported URL from your airbnb calendar and put it in here: https://icalendar.org/validator.html#results 

you'll see that the iCal output has a DTSTAMP violation for each VEVENT that you have [each calendar listing]. Per the RFC RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component

Warnings
  1. Invalid MIME type detected, should be 'text/calendar' (found MIME type 'text/html') near line # 1 Reference: RFC 5545 8.1. iCalendar Media Type Registration
Errors
  1. Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines
  2. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 5Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  3. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 15Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  4. <others elided..>
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Christine193 and @Dave111,

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you have been experiencing when trying to sync your Airbnb calendar with external calendars (VRBO & HomeAway). I reported this back to our Product Team and they have investigated this further. I am pleased to say the syncing difficulties you have been experiencing with these two external calendars have now been resolved. 

I am sure you will be very pleased to hear this and please do continue to update me on how this is working for you. 

Thanks again,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Petra113
Level 2
Leeds, United Kingdom

hi, im having trouble exportimh my airbnb calidar to my goole calendar, i get the error message 'sorry undifined/calendar/ical/ ******** is not a valid url' i can see someone has replied with what looks like a soloution, but i am compleley a computer dunce and it just looks like a foreign langague to me   

Hi!

My export iCal link calendar also presents problems when using in other platforms. The iCal validator says Airbnb's calendar has problems. How can we solve this issue?

Sarah774
Level 1
Windward Islands, French Polynesia

HI Lizzie,

I am still experiencing problems since I cannot export my airbnb calendar with tripadvisor. Tripadvisor tells me there might be a problem with the link...

Is there a solution?

Thank you in advance,
Sarah

Bff0
Level 1
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Lizzie,

I do have the same problem as well. I tried to validate the ical calendar from my AirBnB ical link and it came back with 70 errors of Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence. How do I resolve this? I have about 35 properties listed on AirBnB and some of them are not syncing with my website. 

Bill41
Level 1
Madrid, Spain

Hey, everyone - I'm having difficulty exporting my calendar to another website (misterbandb.com). I keep getting an error message about an invalid link or invalid file. I've looked over the links, checked the syntax ... can not figure it out. That site is working on the problem, but just in case anyone has had a similar problem, I thought I'd ask the group for the collected wisdom.

Thanks,

Bill

Lois-and-Darryl0
Level 10
Rochester, WA

It is 2018, and appears that the bugs for exporting an Airbnb calendar still exist!  I have been  unable to export my Airbnb calendar to my Mac for months (no exaggeration).  I'm concerned that this wouldn't be a higher priority.  It's such a simple process, and the Help instructions posted in several places are easy.  I was able to export my Airbnb calendar for about a year without a hitch.  Now, it hasn't worked in the past few months.  Airbnb PLEASE fix this!  Thanks.

Mike160
Level 2
Fairfax, VA

I have been working with a plugin developer who's Booking Plugin seemed to be flawed- Until I found this forum.  They claim that Airbnb does, in fact, alter the Uid (aka ids) code for any reservation before exporting it, and they do not understand why.  I ran all my calendars through the validate process, and Airbnb's produced an error for every reservation. Can anyone explain this?  AIRBNB, Please fix this!

Thanks

Mike

Zola2
Level 2
Ruisui Township, Taiwan

same situation,even worse:

the https://www.airbnb.com.tw/calendar/ical/2368663.ics?s= (hide token not real ical link )  cannot verify by  https://icalendar.org/validator.html

can not download by file_get_contents() php, your sever response 403 error, but use curl and wget to donwload fine, seems your server don't allow particular user-agent such as PHP.

and format very strange, some time in "/n" and some time in '/n' for break line,  

some times "PROPERTY" became "PROPERT" and  "Y",it  was broken  by "/n" ,it is not necessary to break

DTEND and DTSTART not match iCal standard:

below is sample code from ical link provided by Airbnb:

BEGIN:VEVENT

DTEND;VALUE=DATE:20180322

DTSTART;VALUE=DATE:20180321

UID:1418fb94e94444444ac00a8c08b62a1@airbnb.com

DESCRIPTION:CHECKIN: 2018-03-21\nCHECKOUT: 2018-03-22\nNIGHTS: 1\nPHONE: 

+886 91 217 0102\nEMAIL: user-l044444vwof90@guest.airbnb.com\nPROPERT

Y: 瑞穗火车站附近\n

SUMMARY:念 王 (HM4444444KPN)

END:VEVENT

Zola2
Level 2
Ruisui Township, Taiwan

my solution,wirte a PHP script modify ics file:

<?php
$icspath = "1.ics";
$icsFile = file_get_contents($icspath);
$order = array("PHONE:"."\r\n", "PHONE:"."\n", "PHONE:"."\r");
$icsFile = str_replace("DESCRIPTION:",'DESCRIPTION:NO DETAIL'."\n",$icsFile);
$icsFile = str_replace('\n',"\n",$icsFile);
$icsFile = str_replace($order,'PHONE:',$icsFile);
$icsData = explode("BEGIN:", $icsFile);

foreach($icsData as $key => $value){
$icsDatesMeta[$key] = explode("\n", $value);
}
foreach($icsDatesMeta as $key => $value){
foreach($value as $subKey => $subValue){
if($subValue != ""){
if($key != 0 && $subKey == 0){
$icsDates[$key]["BEGIN"] = trim($subValue);
}else if(($subKey != 9) and ($subValue != "PROPERT")){
$subValueArr = explode(":", $subValue, 2);
$icsDates[$key][$subValueArr[0]] = trim($subValueArr[1]);
}
else if ($subValue != "PROPERT"){
$icsDates[$key]["PHONE"] = $subValue;
$icsDates[$key][$subValue] = $subValue;
}
}
}
if(isset($icsDates[$key]["SUMMARY"]) and ($icsDates[$key]["SUMMARY"] == "Not available")){
unset($icsDates[$key]);
}
}

header('Content-Type: text/calendar; charset=utf-8');
header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="cal.ics"');
echo "BEGIN:VCALENDAR\r\nPRODID;X-RICAL-TZSOURCE=TZINFO:-//Airbnb Inc//Hosting Calendar 0.8.8//EN\r\nCALSCALE:GREGORIAN\r\nVERSION:2.0\r\n";

foreach($icsDates as $item){
if (isset($item["SUMMARY"]))
{
$content = "BEGIN:VEVENT\r\n"
. "UID:".$item["UID"]."\r\n"
. "DTSTART:".$item["DTSTART;VALUE=DATE"]."\r\n"
. "DTEND:".$item["DTEND;VALUE=DATE"]."\r\n"
. "DTSTAMP:".$item["DTEND;VALUE=DATE"]."T000000\r\n"
. "CREATED:".$item["DTEND;VALUE=DATE"]."\r\n"
. "DESCRIPTION:".$item["LOCATION"]."\r\n"
. "LAST-MODIFIED:".$item["DTSTART;VALUE=DATE"]."\r\n"
. "LOCATION:".$item["LOCATION"]."\r\n"
. "SUMMARY:".$item["SUMMARY"].$item["PHONE"]."\r\n"
. "SEQUENCE:0\r\n"
. "STATUS:CONFIRMED\r\n"
. "TRANSP:OPAQUE\r\n"
. "END:VEVENT\r\n";
echo $content;
}
}

?>

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lois-and-Darryl0@Mike160@Zola2,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this here. Just to mention, I believe this is different to what was experienced last year, as that was resolved. 

I have had a check on this and it looks like it is working as normal from our side, so I wonder you have spoken with the recipient platform to see if they are experiencing any difficulty. If there not, could you perhaps provide a little more information around this, including browser you are using/desktop etc. 

Thanks again and hope to speak with you soon.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

We're STILL having problems with this, in 2019. PLEASE tell us how to solve this!

When we go to the Validator link and enter the AirBnB sync link, it tells us this:

Problem! Found 1 warning
Warnings
  1. Invalid MIME type detected, should be 'text/calendar' (found MIME type 'text/html') near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 8.1. iCalendar Media Type Registration
Problem! Found 19 errors
Errors
  1. Lines not delimited by CRLF sequence near line # 1Reference: RFC 5545 3.1. Content Lines
  2. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 5Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  3. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 15Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  4. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 25Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  5. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 35Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  6. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 45Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  7. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 55Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  8. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 65Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  9. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 75Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  10. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 85Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  11. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 95Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  12. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 105Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  13. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 115Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  14. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 125Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  15. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 131Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  16. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 137Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  17. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 143Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  18. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 149Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component
  19. Missing DTSTAMP property near line # 155Reference: RFC 5545 3.6.1. Event Component