iPhone app not working

Bonita5
Level 5
Victoria, Canada

iPhone app not working

Since the August update on iPhone, the Airbnb calendar does not work properly. I am a Superhost and use my phone all day to book and change prices and respond to guests. When I click on a date, in calendar, it changes to black circle . And then nothing. It should say EDIT then go to the edit page. But nothing. Can you please fix this AIRBNB?? It is of critical importance to all hosts!

37 Replies 37
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Bonita5  Thanks for the heads up - I went straight to my phone and have the same issue!

However, the green edit button is there - it's just way down at the bottom and you can only grab an edge of it - see screenshot:

IMG_ACFD0040D7AD-1.jpeg

I've found that giving product feedback - not contacting customer service - gives the fastest results.  @Katie is already on it, so we probably don't need to (thanks, Katie!), but here's the link in case anyone wants to:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/feedback

@Cindy903 @Helen491 @Matthew1170 @S--Evelyn0 @Ben38 @Jen226 @Thomas2136 @Sarah3518 @Corey154 @Lesley1 (#1!) @Carole695 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing @Ann72, and great advice - if you ever get an issue like this then do make sure to use the feedback option as a first step.

I'll keep you updated as soon as the fix is live 👍

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Katie @Bonita5 @Ann72 @Cindy903 @Helen491 and @everyone-else 

this has been a problem for months.

I can't even see, let alone "access" the green save button on that page on Laptop or phone, ditto when ticking the boxes to save txt, email, push, notifications which @Katie are still not coming through or are very intermittent.

Had it not been for checking my emails I'd not have been aware of a Guest who had IB.

I've reported these issues many a time, including through FEEDBACK but nothing has changed to ensure it's fixed

Please fix the lot pronto.

@Helen427  You can make changes on computer , until the iPhone app is fixed. It works on there. 

Katherine630
Level 2
Liskeard, United Kingdom

This is driving me mad!!! There’s dates I want to block off and others I want to change prices on and just can’t do it. A fix is needed URGENTLY please!!

Bonita5
Level 5
Victoria, Canada

@Katherine630  Until they fix the iPhone app, you can make the changes on computer.

Carole695
Level 3
Cwmbran, United Kingdom

@Bonita5 @Katherine630 @Katie 

Katherine - don’t know if it helps but on every other device I have the calendar works. It’s just the iPhone it’s not working on. I updated my calendar on my iPad and it sync’d with my iPhone Airbnb calendar to reflect the dates I’d blocked out. 
Thanks Bonita for raising this and thanks to Katie for the acknowledgments there is a problem. I do hope they fix this problem soon (or should we be hassling Apple?)

Stay safe all

@Bonita5 @Carole695 @Katherine630 @Ann72 @Katie 

Unfortunately it's not limited to an Apple phone, it's been raised many a time here in CC by others with different devices.

As @Ann72 pointed out with her screenshot, there's also issues with been able to "access" the green "save" button.

That is a problem on other pages to.

Check your ACCOUNT page where your NOTIFICATION SETTINGS are.

There's not even a GREEN, or other colored SAVE BUTTON on display so it's impossible to confirm & SAVE one's alert settings.

Once again, it's been raised that over & over again that "ALERTS" via txt, email etc are not coming through.

There's IT GLITCHES throughout the system that arise yearly when the IT TEAMS fiddle with Microsoft, Google, ABB, Telco providers software.

@Katie, you need to find the pages where @Laura_C @Laura_R CHAMBERS & others have addressed this previously & see how it was addressed with the IT team, bookmark it & please ensure IT TEAMS are on the alert to prevent futures glitches arising at repeat offender places.

Thanks in advance

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Helen427

Thanks for your feedback on this, and I'm really sorry to hear you've got these issues - sounds really tricky. 

The iPhone app issue should now be resolved, but it will of course depend on which version you are on.

I'd really like to try and get this sorted for you. Are you using the iPhone app? And if so, which version of the app are you running? 

I also see that above you mentioned that you also have an issue with the Airbnb page on your laptop? Could you send some screenshots of the issue?

Do keep reporting the issues via the feedback link in the meantime, as this helps to ensure the issue is being reported and track numbers of people experiencing the problem 😊

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Bonita5 @Helen427 @Carole695 @Katherine630 @Katie @S--Evelyn0 @Ben38 @Jen226 @Thomas2136 @Sarah3518 @Corey154 @Lesley1 @Carole695 @Matthew1170 @Helen491 @Cindy903 @Ann72 @Katherine630 version 20.33 has just been released. this should fix the issues with iOS edit option. 

Thank you for your patience! 

Nick 

Thomas2136
Level 2
Engelberg, Switzerland

Hello, if you mean the update version 20.33, I still have the problems. Can't lock a date in the calendar and can't see the notes. Please repair quickly

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Thomas2136 could you please let me know which iPhone model you use. I'd like to give you steps on how to restart it, as I'd like to see if that fixes the issue after the update. 

Thanks 

Nick 

Thomas2136
Level 2
Engelberg, Switzerland

iPhone 11 Pro newest firmware, airbnb version 20.33

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ok @Thomas2136  thanks for the info. By firmware I'm assuming you mean latest iOS official release, which is 13.6.1, and you are not trying out the iOS 14 beta (which would be why this isn't working).  Could you please try and do a hard reset by following these steps: 

1. Quickly press and release the Volume Up button.
  2. Quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
  3. Press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears (it takes a few seconds) then once the Apple logo appears and only then, release the Side button.

After that please try the app once more and let me know how that went. Thanks! 

Carole695
Level 3
Cwmbran, United Kingdom

Hi @Nick  Just wanted to let you know that everything seems ok on my phone. I’ve got an iPhone XR with iOS 13.6 installed and I can edit and do all I need to via the App. Hope you manage to get @Thomas2136  sorted out. 

Thanks for fixing this for us 👍🏻