inaccurate review and star rating

Kate31
Level 2
Glenburn, Australia

inaccurate review and star rating

Hello world.

I received a review and star rating today that did not accurately reflect the guest's experience. The guest also made mention of an issue with the cleanliness of the towels and linens which could not be further from the truth, in addition to an issue with directions and that we had no wifi (our listing does not have wifi as we live in a rural area). How do I flag this content and this guest and how can I directly contact airbnb regarding the issue? 

Thanks so much!

Kate

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

If the review does not violate Content Policy, @Kate31, it will stand.  Look up the specifics of Content Policy in the Help Center.  Reviews are opinions, not "truth".  Your perceptions of guests are your perceptions as well.  You have the opportunity to professionally and concisely respond to any review.  The best way to use this opportunity is to see it as a marketing  opportunity.  If you come across as defensive or vindictive, guests will not feel comfortable.   But if you provide a professional response, guests will get that the review is bogus.

Nanci-And-Rick0
Level 2
Coeur d'Alene, ID

Some guests are mistaken when they leave a review. For instance we had someone say the bed was too hard, yet we have a sleep by number bed and it is advertised in the discription. Another said there was no dish soap becasue they did not know that the dish soap was in a built-in pump on the kitchen sink. And another said there wasn't enough toilet paper becasue they didn't look under the bathroom sink???  Is it fair to us as hosts to get a less than 5 star rating because of the guests error? 

@Nanci-And-Rick0  Read the review of the last guest and your response was SPOT ON!  You make an exception as a short term rental to house them for 6 weeks following the horrible Thomas fire here in CA and they downgrade you for their mistakes.   I doubt there will be any impact of the review given how many positive reviews you have, but it still is a slap in the face, right?  

@Nanci-And-Rick0 are you kidding me?

You make an exception to help a family in need, and your reward is a critical review?

They should add a line to the AirBnB content policy:

• Reviews written by people who fail to appreciate generosity will be flagged as "Ungrateful Twits"

Yes it is so frustrating and the use of alternative facts reflects the thinking of some guests - inaccurate and based on "ignorance" which seems to be prevalent in society. My property is imacculate and I provide for everything. One guest said there was too much interaction with my dogs but there is no access to them...??? One guest complained that there was no nearby Starbucks but I provide Starbucks coffee. There is also a far superior coffee house five blocks away. I feel if guests give too many poor or erroneous reviews they should be flagged as Ignorant, Ungrateful, Egocentric, a Do Not Return ... but I like the description of Nacissist.

Alicia242
Level 5
Salem, MA

Some people(guests) can be so rude and review and give inaccurate star rating ? I can see Im not the only one that this has happened to this is just one recent case.  Im in  awe just had a 75 yrs old lady who appears to have traveled quite a bit on airbnb give me a 3 star for communication and checkin because she ( seasoned airbnb traveler) states she didnt know how to access the Airbnb app for the instructions?!  Goes on to comment my fault( her own fault not her's ( meaning me) ok well is that my fault or problem NO and you say that  but now I have a inaccurate 3 star due to your own lack of  the app knowledge.

Im sorry but airbnb has to find some clever technical way to access this stuff BOGUS rating etc! Im sure this is wishful thinking and thankfully I have so many 5 stars and a 4.9 rating still this is annoying and not fair Rant over...

@Alicia242    I was told by Airbnb that guests feelings are fact.  Example:  If a guest 'feels' I should have an elevator even though I say 6 times I do not have an elevator and I also write it in messages,  their 'feeling' that I should have an elevator because they chose to stay here, and giving me a low rating for not conjuring up an elevator for their visit, is allowed to stand as an honest review because the fact is I do not have an elevator.  How's that for Kafkaesque!