incorrect price showing at top level of advert

when I put in:

Toowoomba

choose dates from 7/6/16 to 28/8/16

choose 'entire unit'

choose either 1 or 2 guests

our advert comes up, but with an amount of $18000 plastered accross the front

when you go into the add, the amount is actually $8000

why - how do you contact 'airbnb' - I have searched the site and have not been able to find any direct contact with them

We had a potential client last week who tried to book, and couldnt - luckily I was able to ind out who they were and contact them or we would have lost the booking - why are we having so many problems!!  we are a new host - still havent actually succeeded with a booking, and with the advert showing TWICE the actual price, most people wont look any further and book

4 Replies 4
Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Shez0,

That is very odd. I just tested it myself and could replicate the problem.

What IS interesting is the listed price on the Search before you click into the listing is perfectly twice the price displayed once you click through to your Listing... I hope that makes sense.

Something is very wrong about it and there is no wonder you're worried about it.

I'd suggest either raising ticket through the Help Center or giving them a call. Squeeky wheel gets the oil!

Cheers,

Paul

---

Bridget23
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

We find contacting AIrbnb difficult and having found a phone number I put it in my diary as so diifficult to find it again and raising a ticket also difficult to find. Rather negates their cheery 'we are looking forward to speaking with you' message with which one is greeted.  I find the pricing structure offered by Airbnb difficult as we run a proper BnB ie: the full English, rather than leaving something in the fridge for guests to do themselves. A double room using 1 bed is clearly a diferent guest than 2 people using 2 beds and 2 rooms but this is not available as an option when setting out ones wares on the site. We are missing out on single guets who don't want to pay for 2 and also guests who wish to have 2 rooms for the price of one then have to join in a discussion when they arrive as no-one ever reads the house rules or extra notes.  I'm sure that it is not beyond the wit of man or the capabilities of a good programmer to make this possible. While on my little rant we are sufferring a £1 coversion charge for lamost every guest that stays even though they are paying in GBP and we are receiveing the same. All payments are apparentlybeing converted into USD and back again and rounded down. Over 12 months this will add up to more than £100. This has only been effecting our payments in the last couple of months. On asking about this we were given a rounding payment. I think that we should ask Airbnb to adjust payemnts for rounding down on a mo nthly basis so that we as hosts don't lose out on this currency blip.

Adam-And-Kate0
Level 1
Little Missenden, United Kingdom

I am having a similar problem. I have my current nightly price listed at £250/night yet when you search for the property a nightly price of £337 comes up in the advert banner. Clearly will put people off before they have even looked at the property as it looks like it is overpriced. When you actually click into the property the price is listed correctly!!! Can anyone help??

@Adam-And-Kate0 3 nights at 250 + Cleaning at 150 + service fee at 152 + occupancy taxes at 11 comes to 1063 which is around 354 per night - If searching for more nights the rate would be slightly lower due to the cleaning fee amortising over more nights