instant booking doesn't work on my account

Marco1212
Level 2
Taormina, Italy

instant booking doesn't work on my account

Hi, I have contacted airbnb by phone already 5 times, regarding this issue, but still nobody can help.

I have 5 listing on my accounts, last summer I have already worked with the instant bookings and everything was fine, since 1 months now, this doens't work anymore.

I have activated it, but when you go in one of the listing appears the button "request to book" or "send a request" , there is no way to activate the button "Book"

How this is possible and why airbnb doesn't want to fix this issue? 

Can anyone helps here?

best regards

Marco

21 Replies 21
Craig178
Level 7
Maryland, United States

Marco, did you ask Airbnb recently to cancel the reservation on your behalf penalty free?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

Dear Craig, didn't mean to scare you, non-payment was part of a system wide problem that affected all the hosts in Australia- it took many weeks to resolve & communication between hosts to realize that it was a system wide rather than individual problem . It also meant that the platform got to hold onto a big pile of cash & the interest on said cash for many weeks. I started a conversation on the forum specifically about Instant book disabling because i"m pretty darn sure it is widespread with each hapless host wondering whay they did wrong. I would dearly love to believe that Airbnb willsuddenly  be proactive and let us know what is up and what they are doing about it - good luck to you, Sally

Hey everyone, I am glad to hear I am not alone in this issue. This has probably been happening for 4-5 weeks and I feel like an idiot for only now recognizing it. Disappointing as we approach our peak season. When I read the verbiage to the rep I just talked to, he said he had never heard anything like that. He opened a case for me so I will keep you all apprised of what I hear, but I'm sure I will get brushed off in the same way as the rest of you. 

Marco1212
Level 2
Taormina, Italy

Hi everybody, I think they are not going to fix it as already 1 month has gone, the istant book feature is reserved for "good" airbnb host, and only airbnb decide who is the privileged ones....so cross your finger and maybe one day you will get back it! 

Hi everyone,

We have the same issue yesterday. We didn't cancel any booking or make any changes in setting, the instant book feature just stopped working. We noticed this because we received a request.

We tried all we can, unlist/list the listing, made a new listing, removed the customizing rules of instant book, block/available again...On the hosting dashboard, the instant book is on, but all the lists are REQUEST TO BOOK. We've contacted Airbnb custom support several times, and now 24 hours pass they are still investing the issue. Hopefully, their engineers or QA are not on vacation already!

Does anybody have the same issue and got fixed already? 

Hi Alex and Luna

We are also experiencing the same problem with instant booking not working. 

I spoke with a abnb representative today. They say I don't log on to my account enough to get  instant bookings. I fought with them back and forth. It makes no sense.

Thank God for VRBO it works so much better! Even tho is cost $500 @listing a year , it is so worth it.

Are you still having problems with your instant book?

Martin536
Level 2
Austin, TX

I have the same problem. Did you ever get the insta book feature back?