instant booking

Peter115
Level 2
Forres, United Kingdom

instant booking

how do i turn off instant booking on my listing?

4 Replies 4
Austine0
Level 3
New York, NY

Click on "Your listings"

Then click "Calendar and more" , it's shown next to your listing.

A new page will open, then click on "Booking", shown on the left side of your window screen.

You will see this 

"Who can book instantly"

Choose the option that says "No one. Guests who meet Airbnb’s requirements must wait for your response."

I can only go to "Manage Listings" under "Host." I can get the bar on the left and click booking, but there is no option for who can book instantly. Maybe it's a different version for new hosts? 

I too do not have the tab to turn off instant booking. Did you recently start an account like I did?

I just set up my account a few weeks ago. After scrolling through some other chats about this, some posted Airbnb's phone # which give you a real live peron! WOnder why you can't find that on their site.

Just got off the phone with some one this Sat am and was told that "Airbnb wants to promote instant booking" and it is NOT possible to turn it off in my case.  She said she would report this to the techies or somebody and MAYBE it could be changed, I'll just have to wait and MAYBE some one will get back to me or I need to check back in.  She said she totally understood my concern about having to know my schedule way in advance for certain, but she connot do anything about it at this time.

Their number is:415-800-5959

If enough people call them on this, MAYBE it will change sooner than later. 

Also, go to HELP, Help Center, Feedback and give them some.

This is absolutely horrible, took me 3 hours trying to find that button to cancel my instant booking....now I know it doesn't exist...!

Airbnb should give the right for hosts to cancel this feature if there is a need for it, please give the hosts the right to decide, I think there should be better ways to promote instant booking.