instant booking

instant booking

Hi, it's been a couple of days since I signed up here. I saw on the calendar there's this option:

"For Instant Book hosts: Allow guests to send reservation requests without advance notice."

which is deactivated in my case. However, I got an instant booking 2 days ago and I see that I would get a penalty if I cancel it. Does anyone know what I should have done?

41 Replies 41

@Maralyn0 I don't know this for sure, but I would assume that even IB hosts (even those "forced" to use IB) can still block, in advance, any dates in their calendar that they can't host. Have you tried that? And can anyone affected confirm?

Maralyn0
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi Dede 

that is a great idea, thank you. I will try that.

I am only managing to block one day at a time - is there a away of blocking a whole week or two?

@Maralyn0 You can block any contiguous range of open dates. Click on the starting date, then click and HOLD on the little "handle" that appears on the edge of the date. While holding, drag the cursor to the end date. That selects the entire range. You can then block the range, or unblock, or alter the rate, or add a note. Be sure to Save.

Maralyn0
Level 2
Johannesburg, South Africa

Yes Dede, blocking out seems to work as an antidote to the IB forced upon us new hosts.  Having said that,  I have had not one enquiry since I had my incidence of it, where I had to cancel.  Maybe Airbnb are using some punitive (in the background) tool to stop people booking with me?

Ram0
Level 2
Imbituba, Brazil

And how do I turn instant bookings off??

How to deactivate instant booking can anybody help me

Ulvi0
Level 2
Baku, Azerbaijan

Please help me and advice  how to remove instant book. I didnt do it, but I see in my sms that it is confirmed automatically

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Ulvi0

https://www.airbnb.com.au/help/search?q=instant+book

Go to "Manage listings" on your site>select the drop down menu on the left hand side >and then select "Bookings"

this will allow you to adjust your istant Booking settings including on/off.

If you are unable to adjust the settings to your needs, put a prominant message on your site for potential guests to inform them that you prefer pre-approval conversations and contact AirBnb immediately to arrange/negotiate the adjustments you require.

The more hosts who contact AirBnb for assistance on a particular matter, the more likely they are to design self-service solutions so where Hosts can choose the settings that work best for them and their guests, based on the level of demandacross the community.

Here is some of what AirBnb have onsite for instant booking settings.

Booking

Set guest requirements to get reservations that are a fit for your place.

Airbnb requires the following from every guest:
Confirmed email addressIntroductory messageConfirmed phone numberAgree to your House RulesProfile photoPayment information
Who can book instantly

Choose who can book available days without requesting approval.

Guests who meet Airbnb’s requirementsRECOMMENDED
Guests who meet Airbnb’s requirements, and also have:
Provided a government-issued ID
Recommendation from other hosts
No one. Guests who meet Airbnb’s requirements must wait for your response.
House Rules

Allow or restrict certain types of reservations. Guests must agree to your rules before booking. Learn More

Child-friendly (2-12 years)
No
Yes
Infant-friendly (Under 2 years)
No
Yes
Suitable for pets
No
Yes
Smoking allowed
No
Yes
Events or parties allowed
No
Yes
Additional rules

Host to enter information in textbox

Sincere regards, 

Christine.

Dear Christine,

thank you for your explanation. I cant see in menu booking to adjust instant booking turn off, I was adviced by AirBNB to block calendar days.Yesterday I blocked some days in July, but this is not solution of my problem, as in this case I cant accept anybody in spite of I wish it.

in menu  "Additional rules"  and "Pre-book message" I left a meesage  "Please ask me before booking, I prefer pre-approval conversations. Dear AIRBNB team , please turn off instant booking or adjust it to do it myself.

If you get any information how to turn it off, let me know pls

Best regards,

Ulvi

Ulvi0
Level 2
Baku, Azerbaijan

There is 1 way to solve this problem, everybody must make compalint for instant booking to their email address and call  their call center +14158005959, +79154464385 . Today I spoke with customer service, they created this service lately, so at this moment unfortunately they cant remove or turn it off instant booking, but as I was told if there is a lot of complaint or dislike they can look throuhg it and remove this service. Call, write email and make complaint 

apparently cancel with the reason of 'not comfortable with guest'

I had instant bookings, twice, with guests with children when we said 'no kids'

i even added written in the house rules 'no kids for safety reasons ...'

Two instant bookings, the first I cancelled, and used my 'free cancellation' much to my annoyance - it wasn't my fault (3 kids).

After the second instant booking for guests with kids we decided to change our rules a bit and add 'at your responsability'.  So we adapted our requirements to suit the guests who break the rules. Message to Andrea of 'community support'-you read the adapted rule. .

Michael376
Level 1
Silverthorne, CO

I have had a couple instant bookings and they have not turned out well. I want to deactivate this feature but there is no option for me to do this. I reached out the Airbnb and they said it's an bug in the code; no ETA on when it will be fixed. I find this particularly frustrating as I don't want to get penalities for canceling an instant booking but Airbnb has given me little choice.

Michael