is the listing fake?

Lisa6199
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

is the listing fake?

Hi there, I have made a booking via the airbnb website and paid half the cost. I have emailed the host to ask for the address and their contact details for the place. However, I am not getting any reply. I have only had an automated reply from the hose re: the booking. I am a bit worried that it might be fake. Its just that all the other bookings I have made, I would have already had some contact with the host by now.

-What can I do to be reassured that it's not fake,

-what's the latest that I can expect to get the details before we go

-and, if it is fake can I get my money back as I paid through the airbnb site?

thanks so much

Lisa

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Lisa6199 

Useally the address is on your reservation ( itenerary).

You could look after:

Does the host have reviews on the listing or profile ?

Is the host a Superhost ?

If in doubt about the listing, then contact Airbnb.

Your money is still at Airbnb, so if there is a problem and Airbnb decides to cancel the reservation, you will receive full refund or a credit to make a new booking.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Lisa6199 Airbnb should send you details of the booking not the host. I fear you have been scammed .

@Lisa6199  When your booking was confirmed, you should have immediately gotten an email from an Airbnb address. You can check the validity of whatever you received with the instructions here: https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/971/

Also, when you're logged into your Airbnb account, the booking details (including host contact information and the home address) should appear under the tab marked Trips. In some cases, time-sensitive check-in instructions such as the keypad code are withheld until closer to the arrival date, but your online itinerary is supposed to display all of the information you're concerned about. 

I can only suggest checking out those two things, and coming back to this thread if there's still a problem. It's impossible to tell from your question whether you booked through a phony phishing site or just have a host who's slow to respond.