issues with the company hosting my airbnb flat

issues with the company hosting my airbnb flat

I need your advice as a reputable company. I mistakenly rented out my flat to airbnb via a company based in Edinburgh called staymanaged. Firstly they took my log in details telling me this was legal. It meant that my email was suspended as you believed i had put multiple adverts for the property which they had done knowing this was a breach of your rules

The rental continued under their management (using their email) and was not successful. This was in part due to the COVID epidemic but mainly due to their mismanagement.

Where I need your advice and input is that during the summer , they deliberately or negligently left the heating on full for 24 hours a day and it meant i had bills for just one month of almost £200 in May. Later a guest punctured the bath and I was only informed because a subsequent guest complained they could not use the bath. I had to completely replace the bath out of my own money as well as the shower which had been broke. In the 6 months they were in charge of the property until August, it cost me over £1500 instead of a profit not to mention theft from the property as no proper inventory was carried out.
They continue to trade and although I can not see a way to reclaim these costs I wanted at least to have them investigated. I believe that they are abusing your reputation and I wanted you to know about it

If you can do anything I can provide further details of their location and phone no

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

This is a discussion forum for hosts and guests, not Airbnb customer service.

But I can tell you that Airbnb won't investigate this company just because they mismanaged your place. If their mismanagement resulted in terrible reviews, really low ratings, and lots of guest complaints to customer service, they might have delisted it, but you don't mention if this was the case, just that their incompetence cost you a lot of money.

There isn't anything illegal or against Airbnb policy in a host giving control of their listing to a management company. It was your choice. Most savvy hosts would never do that, but some hosts have also had problems in this regard and I'm sorry that it was a expensive lesson for you.

@Geordon0