just started hosting again after a long break of 6 years. and the first guest trashed my place

Wisequeen0
Level 2
Como, Italy

just started hosting again after a long break of 6 years. and the first guest trashed my place

mI flew back in today as I have some guests coming to use the place tomorrow for three weeks. The other  Chinese guests checked out last week.  two of them My neighbour gave back her damage deposit in cash as she insisted she didnt have a bank account to send it to once I had checked it over. so in my absence , he gave it back to her. (I checked her in )and my neighbour then came over to check the place I dont know where he looked but the place had trash left everywhere  she checked out late too.  tonight on my return  I went into the bathroom and I nearly fainted. there was Sht smeared everywhere. I had lovingly sanded and revarnished the wood surround of the handbasin which is now all marked and filthy. They spat food and toothpaste and other filth into the hand basin for a week and never rinsed it. Pigs ! The toilet was the same the toilet brush  and cleaner was 50 cm away right next to the toilet and they never used it. just left their **bleep** to mold for a week.  The shower and the marble floor tiles was completely ruined by hair dye that she spalshed all over the place and left in the shower with the gloves and hair dye. there were huge balls of hair there too, she ripped the curtain off its rail in the bedroom and just left it there. and her trash was all over the bedroom. all over the house. I showed them the recycling bins. they just ignored that and left their trash all over the kitchen.  the broke the toilet seat. they poured crap down the kitchen sink and its blocked. I have guests coming tomorrow I could cry, I have a few hours to turn this around. I tried to reach help line of airbnb resolution centre and  have now made a claim before my next guest moved in. I have taken photos of all the damage. But how do I set this right before tomorrow. No review either. . she and her parner took a photo of me without my permission  ( faking friendliness) and im terrified they are going to try to steal my identity and set up a fake airbnb profile. or have put hidden cameras in my house and routed the modem etc.  Air BNB  have lost control the woman was verified supposedly. I asked them  both for a copy of both passports thankfully. They are  Chinese passports  so dont know what good that will be to me.   The woman lives in Amsterdam apparently, and has two reviews from Dutch hosts.  She calls herself Sunny.. Theres a joke in there somewhere, and if I wasnt so upset I might laugh.  Im so discouraged and angry that they have done this to my home. I stopped  renting out my home 6 years ago and was hestitant to start again and this happens. I  welcome any advice if anyones still awake. 

3 Replies 3
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Wisequeen0 

The security deposit should be in your listing, as  it is not allowed by Airbnb to arrange it outside Airbnb.Then it would be still available to make a claim on it. It seems your neighbour did not inspected the place when (or after) the guest checked out ? Hopefully your claim for damages will succeed to let Airbnb recover some money from the guest.  And your review about her should be strict, to warn other hosts..

I noticed you put your listing on hold, as it is not active this moment.

Best regards,
Emiel

I havent put the listing on hold... must be airbnb? I will ask a security deposit through airbnb next time. Don't know quite how to do that yet. 

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Dee173 

The original posting was from somebody called @Wisequeen0 . She does not have an active listing. You have indeed active listings (3), but confusing me what's the relation with the original post. BTW A deposit can be set like this:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/59/how-do-i-add-a-security-deposit-to-my-listing

Hope this helps,

Emiel