kitchen equipnment

Sebastian1019
Level 1
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

kitchen equipnment

... does somebody by chance developed a listing of the kitchen equipment that should be installed while renting out the apartment with an own kitchen ? We sometimes get the feedback that things are missing (what i do not understand) -  thanks for sharing your insights - best, Sebastian

3 Replies 3
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Sebastian1019  Since homes and cultures vary so widely, perhaps the best place to start would be the amenities list in your Airbnb listing account.  Go over it and see if there's anything you feel you could reasonably add and ignore those things that aren't relevant or possible.  For instance, shampoo and conditioner - yes; outdoor shower - no.  In addition, take the feedback seriously and determine if you can add what guests report missing.  It's up to you, but if you don't have something, it won't be on your list of amenities, and if a guest complains it's not there, you can point out that you never promised it would be.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Sebastian1019 

I'm taking it that it's specifically items in the kitchen that guests say are lacking. I see that you have the basics listed in your amenities. What sort of things are guests asking for that you don't already have?

It does depend on the size of the kitchen, but I would say that the following would be acceptable:

- Stove (and oven). A microwave (and maybe small toaster oven) might be sufficient in a small kitchenette set up.

- Fridge

- Electric kettle (I know these aren't used widely in every country, but pretty much all of my guests use it)

- Toaster

- Coffee machine or cafetière/French press

- Sufficient plates, bowls, glassware and cutlery for you maximum number of guests

- Pots and pans (and baking trays if there is an oven)

- Cooking utensils (spoons, spatulas etc.) but also a can opener, kitchen scissors, bottle opener/corkscrew

- Kitchen bin/recycling bin and bin bags/liners

- Washing up and cleaning equipment/supplies. How much of this depends on how long your guests stay and how much cleaning up you expect them to do, but at minimum they should have washing up detergent and scourers, tea towels for drying, surface cleaner and sponges/cloths and also a method of cleaning up spills and messes on the floor (e.g. dustpan and brush, mop and bucket, floor cleaning detergent). If you have a dishwasher and expect guests to run it, then tablets for that. Personally, I would provide washing up gloves, but I don't think it's essential.

- Tea, coffee, sugar, cooking oil, salt and pepper.

- A lot of guests seem to expect kitchen towel. Many also ask me for tin foil, cling film and baking paper, but I would say these are not essentials.

There are probably some things I have forgotten. I have a lot more than this in my kitchen but then it's also my home, plus I host long term guests, so they use the kitchen more than most tourists.

Sebastian1019
Level 1
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg

... thanks so much for your elaborated answer - will recheck our equipment accordingly and happy to come back to you with further details - best from Luxembourg ...