last minute deal??

Harald13
Level 2
Vienna, Austria

last minute deal??

Hi everybody

I just wanted to book a house in Kamari, Santorini.

The ad was removed yesterday, and the owner asked me by mail, to transfer the money on an bakaccount, and I got a mail from 

payments@support-airbnb-ltd.com.

which asks me to transfer money to an bancaccount in Romania....Rentals Raghici

I suspect that this all is a criminal fake,

can anybody help?

regards

Harald

4 Replies 4

fake, fake, fake, fake, fake - total scam.  Don't do it.  

How did he get your email address?  You should flag any and all conversation you've had with him through the Airbnb portal and the host's profile.  If the listing is available to flag, you say it's "gone", then flag that as well.  

thank you for your reply,

there was an email adress hidden in the description desk, something that happens quite often...

unfortunately the ad was removed, so I cannot flag it in any way, and also, unfortunately, airbnb does not provide, as much as I can understand, any contact adress to report suspicious ads....

@Harald13  The flag is located under the profile but if there is no Air BNB profile, then you have done your best.  I am not sure contacting customer service will work, but if you would like to try, here is a community guide for contacting Air BNB

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M...

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Harald13  I absolutely agree with @Alice-and-Jeff0.  No reason to go outside the Air BNB platform if that is what you want to do.  It's not perfect, but a bit safer than sending money off to some unknown account.