listing a property more than once?

Karen138
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

listing a property more than once?

I have 4 properties on airbnb and hve just found out an agent friend of mine has them listed also? I was told by a friend that this is not allowed for obvious reasons but I cannot find any info on this on Airbnb or any other search? Any info would be appreciated...

3 Replies 3
Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Karen138

I'm not aware of any implicit Airbnb rule around this.

They do have a page ( under Hosting and Hosting Responsibly) referring to country laws.

So whoever may rent out their own or rental property for shorter periods of time according to local regulations may do so.

Also, anybody designated by an owner to do this for them and in their name.

It seems strange that any other person than the owner (or renter allowed to do Airbnb rental) would have the key to that propery?

If it's a second listing as a phishing scam, you must definitely flag them to report their illicit scam to Airbnb.

Also if they are using your photos to advertise a property they have no right to. When reporting/flagging somebody by clicking on the little gray flag, an option pops up in which you can state why you are reporting them.

Hope this helps.

Amaris0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Whilst you can list the property as an owner/ renter or 3rd party authorised by the owner or renter, you cannot duplicate listings. Also you should consider the unfairness to potential guest who could concurrently book the same listing via each of your since the calendars do not sync being separate listings. In situation as such, one of bookings would need to be cancelled which would incur penalties for you or your agent friend as a host, possibly including financial penalties.

Are you both working together to attempt to gain more exposure by duplicating the listings? I think it is risky but by all mean discuss in depth with Airbnb as they have policies which cross over this subject but do not directly address the subject; you can contact them via the options in the link - Contact Airbnb

It would be appreciated if you share the outcome here if you don't mind, just for future reference/ knowledge.

Wish you all the best,

Ama

Christine1
Level 10
Glenbrook, Australia

@Karen138The first person you should probably to speak to is your "agent friend". Can we assume that you are not consenting to them running Airbnb listings on your properties?

Karen, How did you become aware of this? and is it possible for you to have a frank conversation with your agent friend?

Keep us updated on your progress in this matter.

Sincere Regards, Christine.