listings suspended - Unfair

Sehb0
Level 1
Valbonne, France

listings suspended - Unfair

Hi everyone and Airbnb team.
I have two listings. One apartment and one yoga center.
With the apartment, everything is super fine and I'm extra happy.
With the yoga center though, things are different.
For the few days after I added the yoga center on airbnb, I kept on getting very unsafe and extra confusing requests that, either didn't match my listing at all or were very suspicious... so I kept on declining those requests, thinking I was free to decline suspicious requests. Each time I added extra explanation to Airbnb to let you guys know WHY I was declining the request... However, today I find my TWO listings suspended !!!

What's the point of telling me I'll always be free to decline a request I do not approve with, and what's the point of me explaining each time why I do not approve of this request if, in the end, I get blocked ?

What the heck people ?

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Sehb0 

To much declines affects your ratings end at some point you will be punished...it is mainly an automated process.

You do not need to decline inquires , just answer the question within the time limit. Regarding  booking requests: if the guest did not read the listing or wants something you do not offer, first ask the guest to retract the booking request. If they do, no need to decline.

Also you maybe consider to make the listing more clear, to decrease the amount of "wrong" requests/inquires