losing Super Host status

losing Super Host status

@Catherine-Powell  I have been a super host for around 6 years since I began hosting . I had a perfect 5,0 . Then Covid came and I found out a guest had organised a family party. Invitations had been sent out and replies accepted. I was told this after their first night. I told them that due to Covid restrictions here in France that get to-gethers were forbidden, also I have clear house rules that state no extra guests, for any amount of time, for whatever reason. They said they would cancel and leave. That's when they contacted Airbnb to describe how dirty our house was and they needed to be re-housed. To cut a long story short Airbnb believed this new guest and did not accept my timed/dated photos that she was lying. 1 STARS everywhere.
Guest 2 Booked for a week for her partner to recuperate after an operation. They stayed for less than 24 hours of a 5 day stay, before he had to be re-admitted. We thought we were being generous when we offered them a free 4 day weekend at a later date. Instead we were falsely accused of blackmailing her for a five star review. 2 STARS. RESULT : After 200 five stars then this recent 1 star then my only 2 star I will surely lose Super Host status. 
Asking that these two reviews and stars be removed, I have received no help from Airbnb and my phone call 6th August has not resulted  in a superviser contacting me as promised.
For info. I was part of a 10 host International group who helped set up this Community Centre when local host run groups was disbanded. In recognition of our work and the time we consecrated to this project we were invited to the Los Angeles Open in 2016. I feel dispondant and let down by Airbnb. 

5 Replies 5
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Raymond-and-Elaine0  Most disheartening.  I'm sorry to hear this.

Thank you @Ann72 , I'm still hoping to get some help and that someone will use their good sense to resolve this unfair position that I find myself. Despite a positive attitude, the lack of support is now making me rethink my style of hosting. I have always put my guests first, cancelling private, family engagements in order to be present and available at all times. Now I realise that if I no longer have to worry about Super Host, I can refuse or cancel anyone that seems off, I can now say "No"  without the fear of backlash. Maybe it's a good thing, I will regain my freedom, but I worked so hard for SH that it does make me sad to lose it in such a dishonest way. 

I share the same thoughts. I have been 90% of the time a super host status. I lost my super host once to a guest that was looking for a free stay. I ended up having to ask her to leave with a full refund as I did not trust her in my unit. The drama she caused from the minute she walked in was over the top. Of course, a 1-star review followed.  I find it very disheartening when they want us to constanly lower our rates and every time I have, it has brought in a different crowd. It only takes two dishonest reviews to lose our Superhost status that we work so hard for. My last episode folks smoked in my unit. Smelled like an ashtray when you walked in. My listing clearly states NO SMOKING and if so you will be charged an additional fee. Well, the guest called me all types of names in review and even stated everything was great until I accused them of smoking but still gave all 1 star. Airbnb did not make them pay fee nor would they remove review.  My next guest complains about smoke smelling unit, another bad review when I did everything possible. It was a same-day check-in. Again AirBnB does nothing, so I will be losing my status again. I agree with you, I work so very hard to have it just taken away over lies. I am upset with the way AirBnB handles these issues.  I feel it is less disappointing to not even worry anymore about SuperHost status.  After all the attempts to get something done or heard has been a TOTAL waste of time. I may just have to take my business elsewhere. We make AirBnB what they are and they don't stand up for us at all!! We cant even get reimbursed for the damage they do. I think I need to get out before someone seriously damages my unit. From other nightmares, I have heard AirBnB never has the owner's back!! Sad and disappointed.

Juan428
Level 2
Bellflower, CA

I having been marinating over this matter because I am truly baffled over the fact that I have been a Super Host the during this entire pandemic and prior. During my October 2021 assessment, I had a guest stay in my home, who did not arrive at the time they stated because they decided to go hang with a friend, who also didn't secure my home by locking the doors and setting the alarm (House Rules). I brought it to his attention when I came home from work early to lights on in his room, alarm not on and the front doors half open. I reached out to him and his reply was "Oh, sorry about that I was in a rush." I simply reiterated the importance of securing my home and that he needs to be mindful of that. He leaves a review that says,: "Clean, comfy home with a complicated alarm system." And gives me 3 stars when all of my guest for the past year have left 5 Star reviews and I lose my Super Host status because his score placed me below the requirement of 4.8 to a 4.7. Can someone please explain how this is even possible and acceptable? I reached out to Airbnb regarding my concern of unfairness and all they could say was they didn't see anything wrong with the review...This truly infuriates me to the point, I no longer even see why I should strive to be such a great host, when guest can basically do as they please!!!

Very Unhappy!

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Juan428 

My main concern is keeping ignorant, irresponsible, inconsiderate, dishonest lazy trash out of my house.

Generally it’s not too hard to spot them and when I do they don’t get in the door.

Airbnb can stuff their superhost badge. If having it means I have to submit to abusive guests I don’t want it.

If you don’t care about their false reviews they have no power over you.