low demand promotion

Bill1006
Level 3
Lanai City, HI

low demand promotion

Just today, I  received a 9 night booking for July and the guest's nightly rate somehow is less than 50% of what we have listed. After some digging I discovered part of that is "LTS promotion" since I just included a weekly discount. What puzzles me is something called "low demand promotion" which is 50% off the nightly. I do NOT have smart pricing turned on. Anyone know what the heck that is? Also wondering if I can cancel without penalties to me. With these discounts, our costs are not even close to getting covered. I'm certain if I can figure how to turn that off, we'll get bookings during that time frame that are more reasonable. I did sign up for hosting C-19 first responders giving them a 50% discount, but this person definitely is not a first responder. Maybe they are getting in on this discount somehow? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Mahalo!

16 Replies 16
Verde-Luna0
Level 2
Nayarit, Mexico

The same here. We´ve received numerous booking with Low Demand Promotion in it. Airbnb support is completely incompetent resolving the issue blaming Channel Manager for that. What an intelligent error on Channel Manager´s side giving his software error name "Low Demand Promotion", right? 

In our case it´s 10% off which is not that bad but we received over 20 bookings like that and keep receiving them! In some cases we had active promotion of 15% so this was 25% total!! 

Obviously Airbnb created a promotion, and either they don´t have it under control, or they´re doing on purpose so they get more flexibly priced reservations without host agreeing to smart pricing. 

We´ve also talked to numerous people and they recommended to turn off instant booking and disconnect channel manager, which is absolutely not a solution for us as we would  eventually  be getting less reservations and views (due to instant booking turned off) and overbookings (that´s what channel manager prevents, quite important). 

If any of you guys found solution for the issue it would be very appreciated. 

Thank you

Sieglinde10
Level 2
Louisville, KY

I just wanted to add to this thread that I have a current guest that had the "low demand promotion" applied a week after she booked.  She got an email AFTER booking that she would be getting a refund!  This was a special offer sent to a COVID nurse through the Open Homes.  Customer support just told me I have to negotiate with her.  That is really messed up for her and for me.  I am on the verge of calling BBB over this one.