making payments does use of Mobile Money services work? Mpesa, MTN Money, Airtel Money?

making payments does use of Mobile Money services work? Mpesa, MTN Money, Airtel Money?

Am one day old in this platform. Am from East Africa. I would like to know how I can make a payment on AirBNB. My specific question is does use of Mobile Money work? For example can I use Mpesa, MTN Money, Airtel Money? I don't have a Mastercard and I don't have VISA credit / debit car. 

4 Replies 4
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Polycarp0,

What payment methods does Airbnb accept? 

Airbnb supports different payment methods, which depend on the country your payment account is located in. In addition to major credit and debit cards, certain payment options are available in specific countries.

Airbnb will show you which payment methods are available to you on the checkout page, before you submit a reservation request. After you select your country, all of your payment details will be shown.

Payment options available in most countries
  • Most major credit cards and pre-paid credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, JCB) as well as many debit cards that can be processed as credit
  • Apple Pay
  • Google Pay
  • PayPal 

Thanks Dale and Dan. My specific question was on Mobile Money / mobile wallets payments. I am in East Africa.

Thanks!

If it isn't listed as one of the payment options available to you, then it isn't an option. @Polycarp0

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Polycarp0