missed to fill in the coupon code

Stefani0
Level 1
Kuta, Indonesia

missed to fill in the coupon code

I could not find a window to fill in the coupon code, now my booking is already confirmed ( instant booking) without using the voucher . Is there a way to still use it as it will expire soon.

13 Replies 13
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Stefani0 I don't think you can re-apply it as the transaction (your payment) has already been processed.  You can contact Airbnb to see if they can help you, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165/highligh...

Thank you for that link!  The problem is that you go all the way through the steps to book, and there is no final screen, or place to enter the coupon code.  Very frustrating.

Eric235
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I just booked myself a stay in Florence. I had a Superhost $100 voucher ready to use! The place I booked had Instant Booking and the option to insert the voucher code simply did not appear. Now I have booked and paid, how do I get the reduction of $100?!?!

This just happened to me.  Did you find a solution? Thanks.

Eric235
Level 1

I called Airbnb. SH status gives you a specific number to call in each country. They sorted this out for me and I got the $100 accredited to my card the next day!

That's great.  What do you mean by "SH Status"....?  Thank you.

Eric235
Level 1

SuperHost status.

@Stefani0@Elly7@Eric235@Clare0

The rouls are clear https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/160

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1352

• Coupons can't be applied retroactively.

The checkout didn't give me a chance to apply the coupon.

Replying to person above me..This is not true I used PayPal there was no opportunity to apply my first time promotional code for 55$. They make you set up PayPal before you use it as a payment method there was no option ever for a coupon code for my first payment and their is nothing for my second payment.

Steve753
Level 1
Fort Collins, CO

I wanted to use my coupon credit of $200 received as a result of a rough experience on a previous trip, but did not see where to enter the code during the booking process with a Superhost.  So half the fee ($600) was charged to my Paypal immediately and half (another $600) was scheduled for approximately two weeks later.  I contacted Airbnb support immediately (within a few hours) and was told I was out of luck and that (a) they could not apply my credit to the first payment already made, (b) I could not apply the credit to the payment that wasn't even due for another two weeks and (c) they would not solve by crediting my card $200 and removing coupon.  The kicker is that by the time they told me I could have solved it by cancelling within 48 hours and re-booking, we were outside that window and I would lose my deposit. Between this experience and my previous one (which led to the credit), I am done with Airbnb after a decade as a guest.  I have never had a bad experience with a host, but the Customer Support / policies lately have been super frustrating, and for what?  I have the credit already, its not like allowing me to use it would cost them anything extra.   Aargh.  

Donna222
Level 2
Millbrook, NY

I just had a simliar experience. I put out a link to over 7,000 followers.  A person took the trip.  I booked a trip within the year, and the voucher was at the top right of my computer.  When I booked, it didn't take.  I called and am told, "There's nothing we can do about it." I've been a SH for AirBnb, but I also suffered serious spinal injuries so I do not personally travel often.  I called immediately when I booked thinking it's no big deal, they'll fix it because it's the right thing to do, right? They refused.  I asked for someone higher up.  The statement was there was NO WAY they could override it because I booked already.  I was offered a voucher for a next trip, but I said this isn't satisfactory for me.  When you send an email telling someone they have a voucher for the next trip, and it doesn't take...that is on YOU, not me.  You are falsely advertising vouchers if you claim that it can be applied to the next trip, and it does not apply.  That can't be legal, and this needs to be rectified.  Although this post was started awhile back, I'm sure this has happened to many people.  I will update if my own situatin is rectified. As for now, I believe this is an issue that many should post about until the problem is resolved.

I am having this SAME EXACT problem and it is now March 2022. I applied my coupon at checkout but it did not take after I clicked submit. The cost of the trip met the requirements for the coupon and it was awarded to me from a previous bad hosting experience like someone else said above... I have contacted AirBnB, but they are not willing to do anything to help me and told me that a coupon cannot be applied to a reservation already made, but how is that my fault? I DID apply the coupon and obviously there was some sort of glitch or technical problem... I would say that this turns me off of AirBnB as well and makes the company look really bad. It agree that it seems illegal.

I want to contact the host to see if he would let me cancel and repay but I feel it would put me at jeopardy of losing the stay and make me look bad in the eyes of the host, so I may have to forfeit the loss... sigh. I hope AirBnB realizes how dumb and inconvenient of a policy this is. If anyone has a solution please help me as I am still in the 48hr window.