missing email contact in reservation details

Answered!
Robert1481
Level 2
Eagle, ID

missing email contact in reservation details

Dear Fellow Hosts,

Received the following reply today from "customer service" (note: took two phone calls and multiple back-n-forth messages to FINALLY get to the heart of this matter with a clear answer to my "hey, what happened to the email link?" question.

(msg below as rcv'd...)
+++++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you for sending this information and thank you for explain your main concern.
Let you know that previously, hosts had the ability to contact guests in 3 ways:

Airbnb messaging
Phone number
Anonymized email address

However, hosts will no longer be able to email guests directly using this anonymized or encrypted email address. The email will be removed from desktop and mobile user interfaces.
Airbnb will begin to updating the tool in August 2020.

Thanks in advance for your understanding. Please do not hesitate to let us know if you have any other questions—we're always more than happy to help!
++++++++++++++++++++

I don't know about you, but having direct email access at the time of booking (in add'n to Airbnb msg and phone contact) was quite helpful, and allowed me multiple options for guest contact.  What is particularly troubling is that Airbnb just "took this away" with no notice to hosts.
@catherinepowell

Robert (superhost)
1 Best Answer
Kelsey50
Level 3
Tampa, FL

Click on your profile picture in the top right

Click on Account

Click on Professional Hosting Tools

Turn On - "Allow me to email documents to guests"

View Best Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Robert1481 

It also means no option to sent an attachment, which was the mean reason i sometimes used the direct email access.

But i can imagine there is a security or spam risk for Airbnb providing mailoption via direct email address (allthough it is a temporary address)

best regards,

Emiel

Yup...that's what I did too.  This just adds more steps to the process.  Airbnb should have at least had to guts to tell us up front they were doing it (rather than make us use "precious" customer service (??) time trying to figure it out).

Kelsey50
Level 3
Tampa, FL

Click on your profile picture in the top right

Click on Account

Click on Professional Hosting Tools

Turn On - "Allow me to email documents to guests"

Wow, that worked!  Thank you Kelsey!

Linda857
Level 1
Chelford, United Kingdom

Tried ticking box in both Notifications and Professional Tools - no change. 'Help' suggested taking photos! Not happy. Now have to wait for guests to text me their email addresses - very professional!

If I have guests email address my need for AirB&B decreases.