mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

Jeff159
Level 2
Louisville, KY

mobile app error: You do not have permission to access this resource

When I attempt a search in the mobile app exactly like I have done numerous times in recent days, I get the error "You do not have permission to access this resource." I can change the dates and the search works fine. I have logged in properly and can switch between host and traveler options. This search is in the traveler mode. The app just updated an hour or so ago to the latest version.

Any idea what's going on?

74 Replies 74
Nikita7
Level 2
Somerville, MA

Mindblowing...  My cohost is having this issue now as well...

Did your cohost find a solution?  If they did, would appreciate knowing the solution to resolve the issue!

Juanita29
Level 2
Savannah, GA

I am having the same problem and can’t see guest messages. Started 2 days ago. Jan 6,2020 . Any updates on how to fix?   Airbnb has been called but no fixes yet. 

Raian11
Level 1
D.C., DC

Same issue here will have to start hosting outside airbnb if this is not resolved promptly.

Tarek48
Level 1
Dubai, AE

I am having the same problem as a host even on my desktop using Google Chrome. It says "

Something went wrong
You do not have permission to access this resource.
This is when I was trying to pre-approve a reservation.
I have sent a message to Airbnb thru the extranet but received no reply as of yet.

Ann24672
Level 1
Wellesley, MA

Same problem and error on iPhone X and iPad Air (2?). It’s 2020!

Just went to try on MacBook, didn’t work there either. COULD BE related to newer ID requirements (earlier in day had to add both sides of drivers license, etc.),

so perhaps it takes overnight (like a silly “batch” cycle?). Will respond when I find out.

OK, now we’re in in all avenues. Had to confirm picture (selfie) against provides photo ID. So problem is really Airbnb, not app per se. Website and app are completely unclear about steps needed for what. Just some temporary banner that if you don’t click on you’d never know. Our profile even said “verified” while I was having this problem!’

Kelly1187
Level 1
Indianapolis, IN

Yep. Just happened to me. Then it showed my dates were gone, gave me another error that I had reserved the property already. I've seen no communication or indication that I have the dates or not. This is a really terrible app experience for a first time booking....

Care-BnB0
Level 1
Jacksonville, FL

Happened to me now! It sucks!

Alex6810
Level 2
Tel Aviv, Israel

Happened to me now, but only on listings that I saved or liked. Adding government ID didn’t solve the issue.

dealing with this now myself and completely flummoxed 

Restarting my phone (iPhone7) solved the issue. Maybe it’s in combination with adding Government ID... 

Enri1804
Level 10
North Topsail Beach, NC

I’m having this issue now too. Just me logged in. There are No cohosts on my account. It happened after a guest booked a special offer. I received the reservation confirmation but when I clicked on it I cannot see the guests info and I get “you do not have permission to access this resource” 

This just happened to me some minutes ago. I updated my mobile app and its solved.

Arif128
Level 1
İstanbul, Türkiye

It gives me the same error when I want to add a new experience.For 1 month, airbnb developers could not solve my mistake.For 1 month, airbnb developers could not solve my mistake.