my guest brought 10 ppl along

Gabi19
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

my guest brought 10 ppl along

hi there

i just had asians checking in,booked are 2 ppl for one night

he showed up with 10 ppl at the door and i kinddly said only the two booked allowed inside 

they said he will only take there bags up,all of them have two items such a backpacks and laugague with them so all of this bags went up to my flat..not biggest deal but when they start going up and using my bathroom i didnt like it at all,now i feel unsafe in my own flat,i hav no idea what they were thinking and why i have all this bags in my house

its disrespectful speacially since my house rules are clear

4 Replies 4
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

You would need to ask them to remove the excess luggage.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

You need to lay down the law - tell them only the two people who have booked are allowed into the property, as you are not covered by AirBnB insurance for their 8 friends. As for their luggage - it's difficult once you allow it in the house. But be firm....its your home.

Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

What the others have said above.  N i p it in the bud now and let them know this is unacceptable.

City-Limits-Ranch0
Level 10
Watsonville, CA

The mistake you made was allowing them entry to put their luggage down if you did not want it there.  You could say "No, I only allow registered guests to enter my apartment. I can't accommodate any one else's luggage.  Sorry. "

Once they entered, it is a bit harsh not to let them use the bathroom.  So best not to allow them to enter at all if you don't want them using the bathroom. 

However, consider traveling in a big group to a foreign country, arriving at your friend's lodging and having to pee. But the proprietor of the lodging says you can't use the bathroom.  Ouch.

Also consider having to lug your luggage around all day because your friends can check in now but you can't check in until hours later or on the other side of town. 

You could have politely but firmly said "Only the registered guests can come in.  They can bring the luggage in and out but they need to put it only in the room they reserved.  The rest of you need to wait outside."

Why not communicate with the registered guests and say you are startled by the appearance of this large group and you would like to be friendly and helpful but you are going to ask them to have their friends wait outside while the registered guests organize the luggage in their room and that the registered guests can ferry the bags back out later.

By the way, it is a bit inappropriate to mention the nationality of the guests in a perjorative manner.  Better to call them people, tourists, friends than to mention their nationality in that way.