my guests canceled before arriving, but I received a review my guests, what should I do

Katherine409
Level 2
Green Bank, WV

my guests canceled before arriving, but I received a review my guests, what should I do

Yesterday, I was supposed to have a guest.  A few hours until arrival, he canceled because he was not aware of how far his current location was to the airbnb and it was inconvenient.  Airbnb accepted his cancellation as a one time cancellation and fully refunded him, however I have recieved a link to review him on cleanliness, etc.

4 Replies 4
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Katherine409  

Guest cancellations on check in day can review you and you can review them.

What a crazy world we live in.

Jeanne249
Level 3
Davis, CA

I would include all the facts in your review, for benefit of other hosts, especially regarding airbnb handling.  We know stuff happens, and plans change.  But policies are made for a reason, and everyone needs to bide by them.  A thumbs down and no stars would be appropriate......even more so if it could be a review of airbnb, not the guest.

Katherine409
Level 2
Green Bank, WV

so I guess I don't rate on cleanliness and all that, maybe just the correspondences?

Sally221
Level 10
Berkeley, CA

I had someone cancell their reservation and that triggered my IB feature being put on hold for several days so if you use instant book I'd check to see if it's currently working. I was told that the person who cancelled could give me a review on communication. I had refunded her 'cause I didn't really want a local with a rather fishy story about why she booked staying at our place and suspected that she cancelled when she realized we are on site. I wonder how a guest could be restricted to comments on communication? That sounded even fishier than the potential guest's story, hope things turn out well for you, Sally