my pricing

Janene0
Level 2
Lavington, Australia

my pricing

When I set my prices for my room , then I go to view my listing --- the listing advertises a price  totally different !

15 Replies 15
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Janene0 go to your Manage Calendar page and at the upper right hand corner select Pricing.  Scroll down to Base Price and enter the appropriate amount.  🙂

Debbie37
Level 1
Wilmington, NC

I don't see anything on my calendar that reflects pricing… Very bemused 

@Debbie37 When you select a date or range of dates, you can enter the price in the box that appears to the right.  Have you tried that?

Janene0
Level 2
Lavington, Australia

Yes I do that , then I look at my listing and it advertises a different cheaper price. Also if I look at my listing on my iPad it is a different price again!!  So frustrating .

Pamela42
Level 1
Adelaide, Australia

The price is in $US so you need to scroll to the bottom of the page and see where you can change it to your own currency. 

yes I most certainly do that. AUD , but it still doesn't alter , there doesn't appear to be a "Save" option anywhere on that page tho. 

I am also having a problem with pricing.  I put the villa at £75 but the listing says £93, no wonder I'm not getting any enquiries!

Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks, Jane

same here, the prices shown different and we cannot change it. It is very disturbing

Can't get no contact with airbnb

Matija3
Level 2
Dubrovnik-Neretva County, Croatia

Hi

I also have the same problem..I put prices for my apartments and then I get pre-proval for cheapest price that I Put?!

Jennie6
Level 2
Bali, Indonesia

I have set a lower price for June in the calendar settings but when I go to view it still has the higher amount from July onwards

Sally49
Level 1
Australia

payment amount shows 164 per night rate or barefoot is 225 this nightly rate has already been booked for two other guests arriving this month so it seems unfair that someone can then get exactly the same deal for 164 please can you be so kind as to check this for me

much appreciated

sally Izod Barefoot Studio Escape Margaret River WA

Britta6
Level 2
Costa Rica

Yes, apparently AIRBNB has arbitrarily gone in and added 2.5% to all my nightly lisiting amounts. PLUS they added the same 2.5% to my Security Deposit and Cleaning Fee !!!$#@^*( NOT a Happy Host 

I had a booking last night and it appears Airbnb is randomly messing up pricing.  They stated it showed a total of 923 and then when they got the total it was 949.  I tried to duplicate their reservation to see if it did the same thing to me.  Even though my rate is definitely 160/night, it is quoting me 165/night.  And a final cost of 912 (once again different than either rate my customer experienced.) 

Looking at the feedback it appears the Airbnb system is totally out of whack.  I hope this is not being done on purpose.  They are inflating my rate by 5 per night and showing me that the rate I told them to charge, not the rate they are actually charging.  Extra bucks for them.  It is  a shame they don't really have a true employee base to answer our questions.

Allison2
Level 10
Traverse City, MI

They don't break down the fee % other than to say that "the higher the subtotal, the lower the percentage"

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/104/what-are-guest-service-fees

The 3% charged to hosts is a transaction fee - I'm happy to pay that, as I don't have to worry about the guest showing up without a means to pay. I'd pay the same % to run a CC through Square.

Yes, it does add up - whether you see it as the guest paying 15%, or the host losing out on money that goes to a middleman, we've all agreed to pay a cut for the service Airbnb is providing. Airbnb connects buyers & sellers and the service fee pays the support staff that helps guests and hosts, goes to improving the web site/apps, and marketing for them (and us). If it seems to high, we can look for alternative spots to market our homes, but until someone offers a better service, it seems like a fair deal to me.