new host having trouble with bookings

new host having trouble with bookings

Hi. I'm a host in India and I seem to be having trouble with the bookings that are being made for my accomodation. I have a house with 4 bedrooms accomodating 8 people at a time. Now the problem I'm facing is that everytime a traveller wishes to book my house for more than 1 room he is unable to. This is causing me serious loss as all people travelling to my side of the country usually require more than 1 room and 1 night are now finding this misleading. Could someone please help me with rectifying this issue? I have tried contacting the airbnb personnel but I'm unable to do that as well. 

Thank you,

Hemant

4 Replies 4

Hello,

Can you share the link to your listing or the location so that I can look up and try to help you? Using my mobile currently do unable to check your profile.

Hello @Hemant0,

I just chekced and you have set up your listing correctly.

Airbnb doesn't have a feature of booking rooms but booking for number of guets per guest. Since you are offering the entire place, it doesn't matter if room is selected, by default, even if a single guest has booked, he can use all the 4 rooms, if booking has 8 guests (your max occupancy) then they can use the 4 rooms too.

I don't understand why you are losing guests.

Hi. My problem is that even though people are booking for 6 travellers, the estimate for the trip is showing for only 1 person for the duration of the stay instead of showing for 6 people. 

Also there are a total of 5 rooms in the house with the exception of the kitchen. Out of these 5 rooms I am residing in 1 room whereas the other 4 rooms are available to the guests. Would you suggest that I change my listing from entire house to private room?

Thank you so much.

Hemant

That's right, please change your listing type to private room.

Regarding the price, since you are giving out the entire place, set a price for the entire place and not per guest per night. With another approach you can set the price for additional guests  beyond 1. Check out the pricing section and scroll down to see these extra options.

If you want to rent out individual rooms, you need to create 4 different listings for the 4 rooms instead of the entire place.

I hope that helps 🙂