new listing not showing up in all searches

Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

new listing not showing up in all searches

Hi,

I am really new to hosting on airbnb. We have a whole house listed in the Coolum ( qld, australia)

For interest I logged in on my husband's airbnb account and searched for accomodation for a few nights in that area  - NOv 20 nov 23- I wanted to see how our listing looked and also how our prices compared with others.  I selected that I wanted an entire home for 8 guests.

I got 18 hits, none of which was our listing. All of the 18 listings were for houses ( not apartments)

When I went into further filters and selected "house", the listings increased to 24 - one of which was mine - right near the top of the list.

Am I being dim? I can't see why selecting house ( when I have already said I want an entire home) gets me MORE hits. I also do't understand why not drilling further into the filters and selecting house means my listing doesn't show?

I am confused and a bit concerend. Is there something I shoudl be adding/editing on my listing? 

Many thanks

1 Reply 1
Rowena29
Level 10
Australia

I have just tried another search ( again through my husband's account) for different dates, and this time I am told "there are only 18 homes left for these dates"  My listing is not amongst them.  If I go to more filters adn click "pet friendly" the amount of listings INcreases to 25 - all still in the same suburb, all houses not apartments. surely this can't be right??  Adding extra filters normally decreases the amount of listings in an area  ( or the search area widens??).  

Not  at all convinced my listing is showing up as readily as it should