obtaining bookings

Darren53
Level 1
Costa Rica

obtaining bookings

Greetings,

We've had an account with airbnb for months now. We originally had opened an account and immediately started receiving bookings but, after a period, we shut down our account as we weren't quite sure how the system worked nor did we entirely trust it as we could not get through to a customer rep at any point and couldn't find out how to receive payment. Now we've signed up again, roughly about 6 months ago, and with further knowledge on how everything works. We've had only one client thus far. Is there a reason for this? How do we go about getting more bookings through, what's the trick as we have regular bookings from other platforms? Please advise as this doesn't seem to be a particularly viable avenue at this point for us both making money. Maybe we're doing something wrong,

Thanks in advance for any help anyone's able to give.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

You have a nice, clean listing, @Darren53.  While your location near the airport may be a good marketing point for some visitors, your focussing on that will attract one night bookings.  Is that what you want?  Is your place a good place to stay and enjoy other aspects of Costa Rica?  If so you could highlight those aspects in pictures and some description.

Also, I noticed that for the most part Saturdays are blocked for the next several months.  Can that be changed?  I think your place will not show up for anyone looking for a long weekend.  Just some thoughts.   Hope it helps.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Darren53,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I found a couple of topics of which I thought could be handy for you. Here are a couple of very helpful guides created by experienced Airbnb hosts. Many users find 'A Host's guide to Airbnb' and '25 tips to get booked' very useful. I can see that @Linda108 has given great advice too! 🙂 

I hope you find this useful. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Thanks very much to both of you, will take a look and kindly appreciated!