overall rating

Anne420
Level 2
Fennville, MI

overall rating

Hi everyone,

So, about reviews and ratings, I've had this happen three times now. Overall rating 4 stars, yet each and  every category is 5 stars, with no complaints listed in the public, nor private review.  How does that even make sense? You would think that there would be a default through Airbnb that would change  the overall rating to 5 stars if each category is 5. 

6 Replies 6

@Anne420   The overall rating is totally separate from the category ratings. When a guest chooses not to assign a category rating, it defaults to 5 stars regardless of the Overall, so that's one thing that might have happened. Another possibility is that whatever issue they felt was not-quite-perfect was outside of the categories Airbnb gave them to rate. Like maybe they were satisfied with the location, cleanliness, etc but didn't like the home's temperature, or found the bed uncomfortable, or the chickens too noisy. I've had a few like this where the only thing they had to say was that our building was "old" - as if a good host would tear their house down and build a new one every year to make sure nobody was troubled by the presence of history.

You can always follow up with the guests to ask for feedback about what you could do differently to deliver a 5 star stay the next time, but considering that you already have hundreds of excellent reviews, that might be overkill. 

Hi @Anne420 I called airbnb and asked them about this and they said that although the guest gave me 5 stars in every category (including overall), I received 4 stars because the guest left the category "respects house rules" blank.

@Breighana0  hey, i'd like to suggest you stop resurrecting old threads with your issue, which is really confusing to understand from your tiny snippet, and you've already made your own thread devoted to your issue. Please continue to fight it with  CS and if/when it gets resolved, come back and update us all in a new thread of the outcome. 

Making hosts aware of an obviously longstanding issue that hosts are not aware they have a category for shouldn't be an issue for anyone.  This is a community for hosts to help hosts and that's exactly what I'm doing.  The more people on top of this issue, the more likely it is to be remedied.  Thank you!

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

This is becoming very boring now, @Breighana0. Necrothreading isn't helpful. 

@Breighana0  and yet the way you've explained it makes no sense (I understand it now but it took some time to work out what we think is going on), and no one is responding, and the few who did try to get involved, you insulted.