overbooking problem

Diego383
Level 1
Friuli-Venezia Giulia, IT

overbooking problem

First time on AirBnb I need help for overbooking

I have a reservation fom another site mail received at 22.16pm today

At 22.40pm I receive anothe resrvation from AIRBNB obiouvsly for the exact same period..

Normally Airbnb ask for reservation before Why this time no ?

How I can solve this problem ?

Recently I have enabled the smart prices but is a totally disaster (...probably my fault)

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Diego383,

Instant book is turned on for your listing so guests can book without you having to accept them.

If you want to turn it off click on "Host" then on "Listings" and then on your listing's photo.

Then click on "Booking settings" and then on the "Edit" button in the "How guests can book" section.

Click on "All guests must send a reservation request"

You'll then have to click on several "I'm sure" type buttons and check several boxes to agree to the effects of turning it off.

Steve.

Diego383
Level 1

Hi Steve,

Just what I needed. Thanks, greetings from Italy!

@Diego383@Steve143 has mentioned what to do about turning off Instant Book.

Regarding the double booking: you should figure out which reservation you want to cancel, as they essentially came in at the same time.

If you choose to cancel the Airbnb reservation, you may want to contact Airbnb support and explain the situation. This is not normally a situation in which they allow you to cancel penalty-free, but it couldn't hurt to ask.

Diego383
Level 1

Thanks Matthew,

I canceled my reservation It was my first cancellation request so I did not have any penalty. I was very sorry but I could not find an alternative solution that would suit my guest.
I synchronized the calendar with other portals but the update is not "instantaneous" and unfortunately with close bookings (I've had two in 15 minutes for the same period on two different sites) cause these problems.
I disabled the instant booking as suggested by Steve we hope to solve the problem.

hello every body i would like to ask you all a better solution for my case , i have an overbook on my callender because it's totally my fault is not update with my callender than i try to send a massage to my guest to appologise and mention all this case also send an email about this situation but i got no answer from them so how can i get better solution for this case 

@IWayan8You can ask Airbnb to contact the guest. And your final resort is to cancel the resveration. And you will be penalized for doing that.

But I just want you to resolve this as soon as possible. Otherwise, it is not fair to the guests who booked your place because this will leave them time to find other accommodation.

yess i think it should be a better way too and this is my first time overbook so i am really so confused, otherwise i think i have to send an appolgise also to my guest personalize