paying management and cleaning fees in USA

paying management and cleaning fees in USA

I have a situation in which I put my property in hands of a management Co, I have no contract with him, they created the a Acct with Aibnb everything is done for me except paying taxes and property insurance, the thing is that even though I am paying their %  for management ,they are also taking 100% of the cleaning fees, and the only thing I have access is to  the booking schedule which they also manage, can someone give me advise ,it's my first time doing this.

2 Replies 2
Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Esther764   If you do not have a contract you do not know what the management company is doing.  Never list without a contract, and never give a management company complete control.

if they are taking 100% of the cleaning costs, I would think that they are paying the cleaner, who may or may not be an employee of the management company.  Why do you think that fee should come to you?  

go back to your management company and get a contract that you understand OR take your listing away from them and start over managing it yourself or with another company WITH a contract.

Thank you for the information, I have much  to learn about how Airbnb works, any suggestions where to start?