paying my host

Sally250
Level 1
Brightlingsea, United Kingdom

paying my host

i am trying to find on the website where i can pay the balance to my host?  website extremely difficult to find information

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Sally250,

On airbnb the guest doesn't pay the host. When you make a reservation and the host accepts it Airbnb charges the card that you have registered in the payments section of your account. So you pay Airbnb.

You are usually charged in full at the time of making the reservation unless your reservation is for 28 days or more or Airbnb offered you, and you selected, the pay less upfront option.

If the reservation is for 28 days or more you pay for the first month at reservation time and then monthly after you check in.

If you were offered, and chose, the pay less up front option then your card will be charged 50% at reservation time and the remainder a few days before check in. You cannot decide when to pay the second 50%. Airbnb decides that.

When am I charged for a reservation?

pay-less-upfront-terms

Steve.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Sally250  Do you have a confirmed booking in the future?  When you got the confirmation was there an option to split your payment?  Once you have given Air BNB your payment information, Air BNB will deduct the appropriate payment.  Look at your credit card transactions.  Hope this helps.