payment not released

payment not released

I have not been paid for an older reservation that had no changes.  The guest stayed 7/24-29 and provided positive feedback.  I have had 2 guest since then and their funds have been released.  Why is Airbnb holding my money?  Is there an actual email for customer service issues like this one?

21 Replies 21
Juliette33
Level 1
Drain, OR

I have the same situation. I had a guest in July and Airbnb notes the money in my accont as "pending". How to I get it, or even contact Airbnb?

Reinier0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

We have the same problem! I have send an e/mail to Air BNB and am waiting for an answer! Strange because we have new guests in the house and after the regula 24 hours we did receive this money. But the previous guest is still pending.

I have the same problem. My payment should have been released yesterday, and I have not even received an e-mail about a payment being released. However, it showed up in my "Completed Transactions" even though no payment was released. How did you contact Airbnb? I can not find any contact information on their website.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Sounds like there is a glitch in the payout system for some dates.  Unless you have a cancellation penality and funds are being withheld, you should be paid within 24 hours of arrival.  Try using Twitter to contact Air BNB.  I find that I get a fairly rapid response.  Good Luck

Patrick190
Level 1
Washington, DC

Finding out that this in not uncommon.  Hope AirBnB will take care of it immediately.  Hosts trust AirBnB to handle the payouts in the manner promised.

Ok so now this has happened to me also.  Guest arrived and paid November 15th and today is November 22nd. Still says pending I have called 4 times and only get a run around.  Same thing ever time.  The person will review puts me on hold after 4 to 5 minutes they tell me this is not uncommon but I should get the money within 24 hours.  They started that 24 story last Thursday on the 17th.  Its Christmas time and I was counting on this money. I have several grandchildren that need gifts.  This is a 25 day stay so its several hundred dollars.  I am getting no where with Airbnb and according to them I have no options EXCEPT WAIT...  VEry unhappy I hope my grandbabies understand when we have to explain Santa skipped our house this year.   Hope Airbnb can resolve this issue.....

Come on come on come on....  Need my funds...

@Carla164   I am very supportive of Air BNB and appreciate all the development going on.  I draw the line at hosts not getting paid.  It is not always an Air BNB issue, but your situation sounds like it is Air BNB and not the host. That is the primary contract you have with Air BNB is as a booking and payment collecting service.  I realize you feel powerless, but please look at the various options for contacting Air BNB and go for the social media.  

What is going on!!

I had a guest in July 2018 and only part of their payment was released. When I contacted the supposed Support Centre in January 2019 about the arrears, they said they would get the money from the guest and would contact me very soon. By May 2019, nothing had arrived, so after more contact with the Support Centre, they suggested I contact the guest.   As if!!!   On 21 May, they also said someone would contact me very soon. No one has and it seems no one will. One reason I have used Airbnb is that they handle the money and I do not need to chase guests. Other guests have come and gone and by and large their payments have been correct.

When will I receive payment for a valid stay which was completed nearly 11 months ago?

I have lost all trust in Airbnb!

We are creating a plataform in order to claim our right. If you have issues with AirBnB you can expose it there. Feel free to find me in FB as Heredia Roses

Mark-and-Lea0
Level 2
Killeen, TX

We are having the same problem. A guest extended and AirBnB has stopped paying out on his reservation. We’ve missed two payments so far. Not sure how much longer we can sustain this with no payment.... Checked with AirBnB and they confirmed they have received the payment from the guest and no one can tell us why the payment hasn’t been released, nor will they release it!!!

Same thing happening to me now. Was it ever resolved for you?

Did you got your payment?

Same thing here. We filed a damage claim 8/1/19, they collected the $1200 on 8/15/19 and still haven't released it to us. Call daily and they keep telling me it's being  "escalated" yet no one calls me back or actually fixes it 5 weeks later.

Connor18
Level 2
Los Angeles, CA

Same thing occurred to me. They are supposed to release funds to hosts 24 hours after check in. My guests arrived, stayed the night, stayed past check in time the next day and then cancelled and Airbnb did not release my money. The guest told me she cancelled as she had an emergency and was going back home. I called Airbnb 5 times and no one could help and they just kept saying they would make notes. I wonder if they pay their employees on time as they aren’t paying their hosts on time.