payment on checking

Roomy1
Level 2
Colombo, Sri Lanka

payment on checking

HI guys, im new to hosting and have recently got some interested guests who would like to book my apartment. my first guests would like to make the booking but say they would like to pay on check in which i have no problem with if they pay cash, so my question is how do i go ahead with confirming the booking with pay on check in , do i set the price on aibnb calander as 0$  ? any help appreciated

2 Replies 2
Sue-and-Andrew0
Level 4
Johannesburg, South Africa

Welcome @Roomy1

If you receive payment on check-in, then you're effectively booking outside of the Airbnb system.  You're avoiding paying Airbnb their service fees - bearing in mind that your guest found your listing on Airbnb.

In addition you face the risk that the guests don't actually arrive - and you then have no way to recover the lost revenue through enforcing any kind of cancellation policy.

Finally, I would question WHY the guest only wants to pay on check-in...

My recommendation would be to ask them to book through the Airbnb platform.

Kimberly54
Level 10
San Diego, CA

@Roomy1,  AirBnB handles all of the money, period.  No payments directly to you at all.  AirBnB needs to make their tiny little commission and YOU need them behind you in the event something goes wrong, and you sure as heck need their insurance!

Kim