payment reconciliation

Karen-And-Susie0
Level 2
Nubeena, Australia

payment reconciliation

Boring question!

When AIr BnB makes a payment to my account there there it appears as "World Pay" CITIBANK EUROPE 075XXXX716   

The 10-digit reference number seems to bear no resemblance to the Guest reference number. 

We have quite a few guests staying and it can get confusing trying to figure out which payment is for which guest. 
Does anyone have any insights or tips for this?

Thank you!

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Karen-And-Susie0,

I asked Airbnb this same question myself via Twitter just this morning.

I can pass on what they say when they respond.

Even though I rent just a room in my house it's still a problem as payouts don't always arrive in the same order as guests stayed, especially around weekends.

It's a pain having to count single, double etc. night stays and reconcile them with the bank lodgements.

Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing this @Steve143!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Karen-And-Susie0,

Airbnb's response is copied below.

Thank you Steve for your feedback. We don't offer this service at the moment but, we suggest you to send your idea at this link: https://t.co/FJUTz1JmJP. We might consider it for the future. 😉 Thank you for your contribution!

That wasn't even an answer! 

It was a robot response I think 😞

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Karen-And-Susie0,

Yes, it's a standard response. One that customer service organisations often give when asked for a new feature. They can't implement the new feature.

Someone read the question, understood what was asked and that it is not currently possible to do what was asked. They then suggested giving new feature feedback.

A robot response is always very general like "Thank you for contacting us. We will respond shortly". There's no analysis of the question and the response is sent within minutes.

I've given feedback suggesting that it would be great to have that ability.

The more people who ask them and give feedback the more likely the feature is to be made available.

I've posted about this in Host Voice which is another area where feedback can be given. If enough people give a post there a thumbs up then Airbnb will consider it. To get there go to these community help pages and click on "Discuss" at the top and then on "Host Voice" in the menu.

As a shortcut, here's the link so you can add your voice by giving it a thumbs up.

Relate-bank-payout-details-to-guest-reservation

Steve.