payment success from bank,but booking failed

payment success from bank,but booking failed

Hi All,

Recently i made my reservation through my creditcard however payment was approved at bank for airbnb payments.But i'm unable to see details about it in my airbnb account.

Also ,I understand for any reservations unapproved within 24hours payment will be refunded.

Is the same way for my case?? Will refund happen directly to my bankaccount/ to my airbnb wallet.

Refund,Is it based on mode of payment done for reservations.

please,clarify my doubt.

Awaiting for response,ASAP!!

9 Replies 9
Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Praveen6, when you book, there are two types of listings, one kind is Instant Book, where a booking is automatically accepted, when you meet the criteria, and the other type is abooking request, where the host has 24 hours to accept you booking. 

In such a case, the airbnb website checks with your bank, if you can pay the stay. If your bank’s computer confirms, then the form is sent and your hosts gets the request. If he says Yes, the money is taken from your card and you get a confirmation. If he says No or lets the request expire, the money is not taken.

A host should not let expire a booking, because that blocks his calendar for other guests too. 

I hope you will get your confirmation soon..

Greetings @Helga0 ,

I have similar problem, my reservation was accepted and I received a bill from AIRBNB, but I need to see payment details, actually adetails from owner of a card from where is money taken. I am not completely shure it was mine, and I deleted that payment method to enter a new one, and now I cant see my transaction history at all. How I can see details of owner of payment card ?  

Ritesh4
Level 1
Aurangabad, India

Hello,

I was trying to book an apartment through Air bnb, payment was successful from my card but the booking was not successful. When will I get the amount back in my bank account as it is almost 2 days after transaction. Received a mail from airbnb for instant refund, but still not credited to my bank account.

Thanks.

Ritesh

I just a booked a home stay and paid 4k, amount credited from account but no booking confirmed and says, transaction failed. need my money back

Preeti19
Level 1
Cambridge, MA

I am in the same situation today. Booked a cottage in bhimtal, money was deducted from my account but the website showed error in placeof confirmation. How do i confirm my booking?

Hi @Preeti19 did you get this issue resolved? How much time did it take to get your money back?

Facing the same issue. Did you get the refund?

@Abhimanyu7 facing same issue did u get refund 

Hi I also did a payment for a 2bhk unit in puri India, made the payment , money got deducted and booking failed. Raised an issue with airbnb . How much time does it take to receive the payment