payouts

Alexandra1391
Level 2
Peristeri, Greece

payouts

I am hosting since 2019 and very fast I became superhost. I never faced any problem with my payouts. Since May I have not recieved any payouts. I started contacting Airbnb and until now about hundred of times on the phone and also in written. In the beginning there was a problem with my birthdate and after that all seemed fine...  They reassured me that it was settled in June and then the nightmare started.... Suddenly they said that there is a problem with the registered information and they are examining it. After that one send me to the other, they are still diverting my issue... it is still examined etc and no reply comes... no phone call ... nothing at all and the amount accumulated and payable is now around 10.000 EUros. Does anyone have any idea how I should proceed?? I have no idea what to do and who can help me?

7 Replies 7
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Alexandra1391 You can only hope that @Nick comes to the rescue of a fellow countryman (well woman)

@Nick ?

@Alexandra1391 Nick is a moderator on this site who has been known to help kick Customer Services with respect to payment issues. Combine this approach with @Brian2036 's idea and you might be onto a winner. Failing both I suggest a small claims court approach.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Alexandra1391 

Posting on social media and review sites may get attention.

Something like: “Airbnb is withholding €10,000 in earnings from this Superhost and refuses to provide an explanation.”

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Alexandra1391 @Mike-And-Jane0 

I really want to believe that someone at Airbnb would take this sort of thing VERY seriously if only they knew about it.

If hosts can’t depend on getting paid Airbnb is in serious trouble.

@Brian2036 I suspect it is only a very small fraction of payments that go wrong. Obviously a disaster if, as @Alexandra1391  you are one of the payments going wrong.

@Brian2036 @Mike-And-Jane0

I have contacted and talked to many people from AirBNB even asked to talk to the headquarters (wherever this is) to the supervisors etc ... they are well aware of it.... We are talking about payouts of more than ten guests.... I really hope that it is not an issue of financial problems due to covid that may lead to bankruptcy....