pet pricing

pet pricing

why cant you add a nightly fee of 10 dollars a night when i try adding its says 10 per stay

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Ronald482  Because the brainiacs at Airbnb thought that making their new pet fee a set charge per booking was a great idea. If they thought their new pet fee option was going to get more hosts to allow pets, it is doing the opposite. Hosts who did allow pets are now going to switch to no pets if they can't charge per day.

I guess you'd have to charge for pets just like before- using the resolution center.

Lorna170
Level 10
Swannanoa, NC

@Ronald482   I charge a flat fee of $75.00 for up to 2 pets per stay, regardless of the number of nights the reservation is for.  This pays for the extra cleaning charged by housekeeping, and is less than a guest would pay to a kennel.  However, when the pet fee is charged at booking, AirBnB divides it by the number of nights, so if my guest changes their reservation from a week to 2 nights and I accept the change, they are going to be paying less ($75.00/7 times 2) for their pet.  

For pet friendly hosts who wish to charge a per night fee,  I guess that you would have to up your nightly rate or do as @Sarah977  suggests and document in your listing that the pet fee will  be charged through the resolution center at X dollars per night, and NOT enter a pet fee on your rates page.

AirBnB has supposedly smart programmers -- there should be no issue with providing hosts with suitable programming -- either a nightly fee, per pet, per stay, OR a one time charge.

i did that and the guest is horrible and ignored my request - airbnb was invollved, they put the money in my account and now almost a month later, they took that pet fee away from me!!!  watch your resolution page like a hawk guys!!!!  airbnb is messing up and getting horribly greedy now.  they were wonderful before they went public and now just think of shareholders - boooooo.

Also, i need to have control for how many pets, cat or dog, and how long - 250 for 6 months in a furnished place is NOT enough!  carpet cleaning, cleaners etc.  I should be able to alter cost per month and each day.  and then we also can't see how much other hosts are charging so it's just a plain mess.  not transparent at ALL!

Margo21
Level 2
Park City, UT

AirBnB needs to add an optional pet fee for a per night rate.  I have some guests that stay one night, some for two weeks or more.  A flat fee does not work for me. (VRBO has offered this option for years...the guest can add fee themselves upon booking!  Brilliantly simple!)

It's particularly annoying having to go through the Resolution Center for extra fees...particularly since these 'special' fee requests are not reflected upon the guest's reservation with their other charges.

It's extra steps to go to Resolution Center to send fee request...half the time the guest doesn't see it because it doesn't seem to go through on their phones, only through a web browser. 

** THIS IS ANOTHER TOPIC:  Resolution Center fees should be reflected in guest's reservation!  You shouldn't have to go to another website to check on extra fees and make sure they've been paid, etc...**

Come on, AirBnB...this should be an easy fix in this day and age!!

Leslie66
Level 1
Parkersburg, WV

Hi! I'd love your comments about the wording in my house rules,

"Airbnb does not provide an option for pet pricing *per night.* Blennerhassett Guest Suite pet charge is *per night.* Since Airbnb doesn't provide you an option for paying per night, please leave a check or pay through PayPal for the total pet fees beyond one night."

Leslie66
Level 1
Parkersburg, WV

Correction: my husband, a lawyer, reminds me that it is probably illegal/unethical to charge outside of Airbnb payment channels.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Leslie66 it is neither illegal or unethical to charge outside Airbnb but it is against their rules so could use a host to be suspended/removed from the platform.

You can request payment through the resolution centre so perhaps just change the wording appropriately.