price

price

Hello 

We have receievd a message from Robert with a price of $259 per night for our 3 Bedroom Villa, but the price loaded is $350 per night. Can you please advise where the $259 per night rate comes from.

Kind regards

3 Replies 3
Paul0
Level 10
Brunswick, Australia

Hi @Chambers0,

Depending on the difference in the currency setting between yourself and the potential Guest... this could be where the difference sits. Is the pricing correct at your end?

As a tip for you, set and (to a degree) forget your pricing metrics. Don't negotiate with Guests, direct them to the Help Center and FAQs to learn more about how it all works.  Too many Hosts find themselves in a neverending cycle of price discussion with Guests of late.

Happy Hosting.

Cheers,

Paul

---

If someone provides a useful response send with a thumbs up!

Useful Links to Check Out:

Co-Organiser of Melbourne's Finest... Hosts too! 🙂

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Sounds like US Dollars

David
Jordan25
Level 1
Melbourne, Australia

Hi guys

My advice is to expect a lot of anomalies with pricing on airbnb. For example: I am in Australia, and just received a request from another Australian. On the mobile app it tells me the "reservation cost" is $2,643. No other figure is mentioned anywhere. However, on the web version, the Inbox page has a small summary of costs to the right of the message, which reads $2,469, whilst clicking into the reservation itself it shows $2,471, which after the service fee are deducted is $2,397. But that's not the end of it. That inbox summary also indicates a monthly amount of $1,628, whilst my actual monthly charge is $1,596. Meanwhile, an entirely different booking request for the same room, also from an Australian, reads that the monthly charge is $1,561. 

This kind of thing is basically the norm. I can't remember in recent years seeing a booking request where everything squared properly. It's ridiculous. 

Good luck.